Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Floyd Rematched Maidana Immediately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had enough people screaming "robbery" to warrant it. Say what you like about Floyd, but he always makes it a point to get a clear W in such situations.

Comment

i liked the fact that he rematched him. Nobody rematches close fights anymore. I think Lara and Trout both deserved rematches with Canelo.

Comment

Floyd haters were trying hard to make a case that he lost the first, so he just wanted to shut them up with the rematch.

Comment

Cause chino smashed through floyds philly shell and mauled him in the 1st fight. He EARNED it

Comment

floyd won both fights,and against castillo too.

Comment

He's a very competitive person for sure. Same with the Castillo fight , he probably wanted to erase any doubt, probably in his own mind too.

He should get credit for that, most guys would have taken their W and ran with it, like Canelo with Lara.

Also part of it was probably knowing he can make the fight easier and have nobody complain about the rematch at the same time. Good business.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-09-2016, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                i liked the fact that he rematched him. Nobody rematches close fights anymore. I think Lara and Trout both deserved rematches with Canelo.
                Add Cotto to that list also

Comment

It was a close fight which many saw maidana the winner. Maybe flkoyd didn't feel as if he win and wanted s rematch to beat maidana properly.

Maybe Castillo shouldn't have had a rematch as Floyd claimed injury

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    Add Cotto to that list also

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Both fights were a joke since Floyd forced Maidana to use pillow gloves. (Something the 'Floyd fans' seems to ignore).

Imagine the first fight with the Everlast Mx gloves? even more one sided for chino.
                      Maidana signed a contract stipulating which gloves to use and then tried to contravene the stipulations in the contract. Why is Floyd to blame for enforcing what was written in the contract?

If Maidana didn't want those gloves then he shouldn't have signed the contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X