Why Floyd Rematched Maidana Immediately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Floyd Rematched Maidana Immediately

why did he do it?

Maidana had already proven he was a risk to Floyd's 0 and could have upset the apple cart with Floyd-manny on the horizon.

Instead Floyd fought him again in the quickness unlike many modern fighters who will sidestep rematches--even when the original was a good fight.

I think Floyd took Maidana lightly and he arguably lost 6 rounds and had the closest fight of his career. To remove all doubt he took the rematch right away. Either that or he carried him in the first fight on purpose to make up his 5 fight contract.

Comment

because a lot of people thought maidana won and at very least was a very entertaining fight plus the glove stuff plus floyd wanted to show he made it a better fight then it needed to be which he did

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        I think Floyd took Maidana lightly and he arguably lost 6 rounds and had the closest fight of his career. To remove all doubt he took the rematch right away. Either that or he carried him in the first fight on purpose to make up his 5 fight contract.
        i dont know if he carried him but i think he tried to fight a more fan friendly style and got no credit for it so he wanted show he could beat maidana easy

Comment

There wasn't much difference in the rematch. The only difference was the uncalled for point deduction which if I remember right is what kept me from giving another draw.

Comment

rematch was the same as the first fight

Comment

It was a close fight! Maidana didn't claim any injuries, many fans has it a close fight, why not.

Comment

With his arrogance comes pride. Maidana created doubt which he had to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  why did he do it?

Maidana had already proven he was a risk to Floyd's 0 and could have upset the apple cart with Floyd-manny on the horizon.

Instead Floyd fought him again in the quickness unlike many modern fighters who will sidestep rematches--even when the original was a good fight.
                  Both fights were a joke since Floyd forced Maidana to use pillow gloves. (Something the 'Floyd fans' seems to ignore).

Imagine the first fight with the Everlast Mx gloves? even more one sided for chino.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    There wasn't much difference in the rematch. The only difference was the uncalled for point deduction which if I remember right is what kept me from giving another draw.
                    Naw, Floyd clearly won the rematch but it was atrocious to watch and the ref favored him heavily.

Comment

Working...
                    X