Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You gotta give Ward credit, out of these Canelo/GGG/Ward drama, he is the one...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta give Ward credit, out of these Canelo/GGG/Ward drama, he is the one...

...that is looking good. He is actually moving up and fighting a killer in the next weight division and fighting them at the actual weight. I actually think Kovalev is going to KO him but Ward isn't making excuses or doing some sort of catchweight. He's fighting at that actual weight. Props to him, he's fighting the best at their weight while Canelo and GGG are b*tching like women. Shout out to Ward.
    Last edited by Wolfie*; 05-08-2016, 02:24 PM.

I agree, the truth is both are acting the same way. Canelo avoiding GGG at 160 while GGG did the same to Ward. both are a shame to boxing.

Comment

Keep in mind he had a super six that lined up the best in his division to actually fight each other. Golovkin never had that luxury and has obviously had one hell of a time getting other champions to actually fight him.

Now imagine if Ward back then was after a Froch fight but Froch was like nah, let me chill a bit and fight some junior middleweights. Ward would have been in the same boat chasing that unification and big fight. Different circumstances entirely.

What Canelo has done isn't even in the same realm as Golovkin - GGG has stayed in his own division trying to unify while Canelo literally invented his own weight class just for him.

Comment

He looked like **** last year with the constant lying and whining. It's good he stopped the circus act and accepted he was an LHW. He gets extra props for accepting the Kova fight. But he still has to show up.

Comment

You can't buy class. I really don't think he beats Kovalev but at least he would try doing so, you got to challenge yourself in boxing sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            What Canelo has done isn't even in the same realm as Golovkin - GGG has stayed in his own division trying to unify while Canelo literally invented his own weight class just for him.
            They are both bad. GGG didn't look too good saying he'd fight chavez jr at 168 but not ward and also saying he'd fight Floyd at 154 but not Canelo at 155. They both say dumb, diva ****.

Comment

Definitely. I made a similar thread last month.

He's got a really tough fight with Kovalev AND it's one the fans really want to see.

Comment

Props to Ward for that. He's being very careful as far as having plenty of fights to ease his way into the division though. Alvarez/GGG probably ends up happening before the Ward/Kovalev fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Keep in mind he had a super six that lined up the best in his division to actually fight each other. Golovkin never had that luxury and has obviously had one hell of a time getting other champions to actually fight him.

Now imagine if Ward back then was after a Froch fight but Froch was like nah, let me chill a bit and fight some junior middleweights. Ward would have been in the same boat chasing that unification and big fight. Different circumstances entirely.

I think the only difference would have been him fighting froch in England and Kessler in Denmark Abraham in Germany etc..

All of them except for Kessler and Taylor were still trying to make their names and would have fought anyone where in GGG HBO gave him their full backing a free advertising and platform and now he thinks he is a super star for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
                    They are both bad. GGG didn't look too good saying he'd fight chavez jr at 168 but not ward and also saying he'd fight Floyd at 154 but not Canelo at 155. They both say dumb, diva ****.
                    Don't even try to say a middleweight, who is mandatory to the WBC, in a middleweight unification bout is "diva ****" because he actually wants to fight at middleweight. That's just terrible logic.

As for Ward, let's put it in context - 2013 Ward turned down a fight with Golovkin, straight up. Fast forward a couple years after Ward was MIA for a long time, has Roc nation contact K2 as they were finishing up a deal with Lemieux WITH the expectation of fighting their mandatory (Cotto/Canelo) after that, and saying they aren't interested in signing a fight at 168 for "sometime next year" on an unknown date as being anything close to being the same or diva-ish. Like I said before, the world doesn't stop for Andre Ward and all of Golovkins plans of unification go out the window for a guy who hadn't fought in two years, come on now.

Comment

Working...
                    X