No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Drills Khan With Brutal One-Punch Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    Rounds are scored by who landed the more effective punches. I think it was clearly obvious to anyone watching, who isn't biased that the body shots were clearly having more of an effect on Khan, than khan's head shots were having on Canelo.
    Yeah but Canelo was so methodical while Khan moved and pumped his jab. To me anything less than 3-2 Khan is insane. I'll have to watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
      LOL at people who wrote Khan was winning the fight!! khan was losing the fight. he won the first two rounds maybe the third but started at round 3 khan clearly lose momentum and canelo start commanding then the KO happened.

if khan still commanding the fight at round 4 or 5 after round 3 toss up then you can call khan was winning. score card doesn't mean **** inside the sixth round, you have to look at the actual momentum in the fight.
      I agree. I don't see how anyone could possibly say Khan was winning that fight. He only won two rounds on my card. (1&2) Now hopefully he'll retire after that vicious KO and his $13million pay day. If anyone thinks for one second that Khan took this fight for anything other than money, they're dellusional. Hopefully he retires before he ends up like Ali.

Comment

• I thought Khan was ahead 4-1. The last round was pretty even before the KO

Comment

• Originally posted by thack View Post
          Amir 'king' Khan......!...what a tosser and I don't mind saying.......I told you he AGAIN was out of his league, the kids s.hit !
          His skills are massively over-rated and his delusional talk is annoying. But he did the best he could do tonight. It's time for Brook to step up and take risks of his own. And no, fighting Amir isn't a risky fight, especially not now.

Comment

• Comment

• America is #1

Comment

• Did he really say that?

Comment

• Khan did well for a 3 or 4 rounds but you could see it coming and he was staying to long in range and his punches started missing.....it was just a matter of time and timing was all it took...I said before 8 ... But it was a bad knockout and could well be the end of his career ....as for Virgil hunter massive respect for saying how it is and telling canelo to man up and face your mandatory .....WBC it's time

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
                    mate i actually dont even like khan much but i can admit he was outboxing canelo and making canelo miss

this fight for the real boxing fans makes canelo look bad because he knocked out a smaller guy that was kinda 'expected' of him to do that but he got outboxed

the casuals will buy into it as an amazing performance but the hardcore fans know canelo will be in deep waters against someone like GGG and to clarify i dont even really like GGG that much lol
                    It wasn't amazing or anything close, he did what he was supposed to do.

Khan stopped throwing after round 2 and resorted to just moving. HBO called it correctly, as soon as Canelo adjusted and started countering and banging the body, Khan stopped throwing and he was being broken down.

Wobbled in the 4th, cut and hurt to the body in the 5th and sparked in the 6th.

Comment

• Anyone else find Virgil's saltiness hilarious? We just witnessed a grown man have an emotional breakdown.

Khan only won the first 2 rounds and there was SO little activity in the first that it really only came down to which punch you liked the best...the opening of the round or like the one shot Canelo landed. Round 3 was Canelo. Rounds 4 and 5 were already becoming worrisome with how cleanly Canelo was landing to the body and starting to show his faster reflexes and reaction...

Comment

Working...
                      X