Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Man who beat The Man - Every Boxing fan needs to listen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the IBF, so it's expected in my book. They're still the same scumbag organisation as when Bob Lee was at the helm. I'm also pretty sure that they're still taking brides as well. Every fighter has fans and supporters that will say anything in defense of their guy, but I can guarantee that you can't find a single person that would say that Kevin Bizier should have been the mandatory to Kell Brook. Someone please explain that one for me.

Comment

I love Tyson Fury. I was big upping him for years & I said he was a guy who could beat Klitschko years before he did it.

The problem is these bs belts got rules & sometimes they follow those rules. Thus Fury got stripped of one of these belts.

And idk what exactly Gunn means when he's talking about Fury not being promoted by these other alphabet groups, but lets quit leaving out details & acting like Fury is just walking around being a great guy to all around him. He's said more controversial **** in his first month as champion then 99.9% of people say in their entire boxing careers. And when you say controversial **** people tend to not promote you these days. Acting like Fury is being treated bad cuz he's a traveler is either cuz someone has their own agenda or doesn't know the full story. Sometimes people just dislike people that say ******* type **** or controversy type **** more then they dislike people of a particular race/color/nationality/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
        Tyson was contractually obligated to fight in a rematch with Klitschko should Klitschko choose to enforce it.... Tyson did not have a choice. The IBF knew this, yet they did not inform Tyson, should he win the belt and have an immediate rematch with Klitschko, he would lose the belt. If Tyson knew this was going to be the case, do you think he would have still paid the sanctioning fee? Of course he wouldn't, he would have just paid the fees for the other belts and let Klit hold onto the IBF belt, which he could have then won in the rematch. It was underhand by the IBF to accept Fury as a challenger (and accept his money), knowing full well he would not be allowed to defend the belt.
        He voluntarily chose to sign the contract with the rematch clause. He could have easily fought him without options, by enforcing either the WBA or WBO mandatory, but probably be paid less. Tyson chose more money, which is fair considering he wasnt sure he'd win. If things went to plan, with Wlad winning, nothing would have changed.

Comment

I didn't watch the video. What's going on? Cliff notes

Comment

Working...
          X