Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin... Why Counter Game and Defensive Shells Don't Work against him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Yep. Which is the reason he stayed well away from Ward.
    Can you honestly blame him though? Ward already has the advantage of being the better boxer, add to that his physical advantages and it's a bit of a mismatch in all honesty. Just look at how Ward physically bullied the likes of Kessler and Froch.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      Can you honestly blame him though? Ward already has the advantage of being the better boxer, add to that his physical advantages and it's a bit of a mismatch in all honesty. Just look at how Ward physically bullied the likes of Kessler and Froch.
      Truthfully, I wouldn't have had an issue with him not wanting to move up if it not for all the ducking talk from his team, and the pathetic attempts to move up to face softer opposition, as well as the pathetic call outs to a nearly 40 year old retired welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Truthfully, I wouldn't have had an issue with him not wanting to move up if it not for all the ducking talk from his team, and the pathetic attempts to move up to face softer opposition, as well as the pathetic call outs to a nearly 40 year old retired welterweight.
        Salty much? I'm pretty sure Floyd was guilty for stoking the flames. There both just as bad as each other imo.

Comment

• doesn't matter canelo is scared to take the fight

Comment

Salty much? I'm pretty sure Floyd was guilty for stoking the flames. There both just as bad as each other imo.
            Pretty sure Team GGG started it with that "anyone from 154-168" talk, as well as GGG stating it was "his dream".

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Alvarez beats gennady up when they fight

It'll be his coming out party like Toney-Barkley
              Sure when GGG is 50 and Canelo is in his late 30's maybe Canelo beats him up then but anywhere in the next 4-5 years GGG would absolutely **** Canelos little ginger bullet hole.

Comment

Most people blame Abel Sanchez because there are notorious videos on Youtube where he said 154-168 is easy (and in verbatim)...

Whereas Lil'G, when asked about Ward, during the same times as much of Sanchez' ramblings, said that Ward ''was too much for me...''

That means weight or skill. Whichever the case may be, since Loeffler and Sanchez always address what Lil'G wants, then you'd imagine that Lil'G would've told Sanchez or Loeffler long ago to quit with the Ward scenarios..

common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  Where will all these Lil'G fans go when Alvarez beats the old Kazakh?
                  I will say that my man was beat. What did Met fans say when they lost the World Series last year? What do any fans say when their team lost?

I personally think that GGG is a much better fighter than Canelo and with greater power.

I think he has better ring presence and should win rather easily. But I can be wrong.

I am willing though to put all my points on GGG against Canelo.

Comment

• Q

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                    I will say that my man was beat. What did Met fans say when they lost the World Series last year? What do any fans say when their team lost?

I personally think that GGG is a much better fighter than Canelo and with greater power.

I think he has better ring presence and should win rather easily. But I can be wrong.

I am willing though to put all my points on GGG against Canelo.
                    Nicely put. But experience against better fighters is the higher benefit. Perhaps the Alvarez bout against Floyd changed his confidence level, and in boxing, it's always a gem to find fighters add new stuff to their game. Alvarez has increased his ring IQ, especially in fancy defense, it's amazing how many people are overlooking him.

However, the detail is not on Alvarez's skill, it's the simple fact that they want Lil'G to win, and it's no different how it was when loyal Pac fans (which outweigh Lil'Gs fanbase) wanted Floyd to lose. They swore that Floyd would lose...

Lil'G in his early career was faster more alert.

Alvarez is a Mexican boxer so he is going to come on his A game with endurance and conditioning. He ate many body blows and power from Kirkland on the ropes. He didn't have to do that. He could've moved around the ring, but we all know that's not his style. So we assume Lil'G hits harder of course than Kirkland, but he's not going to let Lil'G combo around by the ropes.

1. Canelo's reach! He can box and pivot back if it's a jab competition. The judges will take note, and no opposition from Lil'G's resume is at that level.

2. Counterattacking. Lil'G knows fully well Alvarez's IQ on counters, so expect less output from Lil'G

3. Cutting off the ring or being pressed forward is what Alvarez will want, and seeing how Alvarez, just like Marquez, the Mexican style are great counterattackers. It's foolish to think that Alvarez won't land.

4. If Canelo pulls off amazing combo defensive techniques from Khan and carrying the fight for the fans, rest assured this is the reason why the young Alvarez is going to beat Lil'G.

The worst they will say is ''Alvarez fought like a *****...'' like they accuse many elite fighters when they beat their heroes. God bless the point system and the size of a ring...

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                      Nicely put. But experience against better fighters is the higher benefit. Perhaps the Alvarez bout against Floyd changed his confidence level, and in boxing, it's always a gem to find fighters add new stuff to their game. Alvarez has increased his ring IQ, especially in fancy defense, it's amazing how many people are overlooking him.

However, the detail is not on Alvarez's skill, it's the simple fact that they want Lil'G to win, and it's no different how it was when loyal Pac fans (which outweigh Lil'Gs fanbase) wanted Floyd to lose. They swore that Floyd would lose...

Lil'G in his early career was faster more alert.

Alvarez is a Mexican boxer so he is going to come on his A game with endurance and conditioning. He ate many body blows and power from Kirkland on the ropes. He didn't have to do that. He could've moved around the ring, but we all know that's not his style. So we assume Lil'G hits harder of course than Kirkland, but he's not going to let Lil'G combo around by the ropes.

1. Canelo's reach! He can box and pivot back if it's a jab competition. The judges will take note, and no opposition from Lil'G's resume is at that level.

2. Counterattacking. Lil'G knows fully well Alvarez's IQ on counters, so expect less output from Lil'G

3. Cutting off the ring or being pressed forward is what Alvarez will want, and seeing how Alvarez, just like Marquez, the Mexican style are great counterattackers. It's foolish to think that Alvarez won't land.

4. If Canelo pulls off amazing combo defensive techniques from Khan and carrying the fight for the fans, rest assured this is the reason why the young Alvarez is going to beat Lil'G.

The worst they will say is ''Alvarez fought like a *****...'' like they accuse many elite fighters when they beat their heroes. God bless the point system and the size of a ring...
                      LMBO!!! Alvarez is elite?

Comment

Working...
                      X