Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin... Why Counter Game and Defensive Shells Don't Work against him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotTheFace View Post
    i'm a bookmaker that's been lurking on these forums for a bit. but i don't understand why the boxing enthusiasts have such poor comprehension of the sport.

i'll go over a couple of reasons why you can't really counter GGG. nor would the shoulder roll, any rhythm based defensive maneuver work against GGG.

GGG has a probing offense. as Gabe Rosado and Max Kellerman said... touch touch BOOM. Gabe said he felt him just tensing up as GGG touches him because he doesn't know which punch is going to be the bomb. literally froze him.

Basically if you think Canelo or whoever will counter a jab or whatever by GGG, you have to basically run the risk of it being a probe and get blown out.

Same with a rhythm based philly shell or whatever, you weave on a probe right into a bomb.

just wanted to share some thoughts on this.

GGG has the highest compliment in the sport being the most ducked fighter in MW history. basically fighters and trainers alike don't want to risk fighting him even tho GGG is the draw. think about it. you can skip a fighter like Lara because he brings nothing to the table. but Kid and Danny and BJS skipping GGG is completely out of fear.
    Pretty good analysis. Unfortunately, as this thread you've started will clearly demonstrate, you've dipped your toe into a tarpit of idiocy. Since it's just a toe at this point, I'd pull it out and run away as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Hopkins is much better than gennady.

gennady can't fight like Hopkins even if you paid him everything.
      If you think so. According to Toney himself, GGG is the best MW since him.

Comment

I think the way to fight GGG is to stand your ground and sit on power shots early. Then move and box later in fight once you've worn him down.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Yes the best unproven middleweight

He's the smart kid in a dumb class

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            I think the way to fight GGG is to stand your ground and sit on power shots early. Then move and box later in fight once you've worn him down.
            and this is why guys like Alvarez school him.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Toney himself said he can beat every single HW out there right now........................................... do you believe that?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Alvarez beats gennady up when they fight

It'll be his coming out party like Toney-Barkley
                lol

i can't post gifs. but go look at the moment when Canelo hits Cotto with a perfect pull counter uppercut.

a huge tank MW plants his feet, wides up a huge uppercut and hits nothing but street chin on a career LWW/WW and couldn't even faze him.

Canelo's power is shameful.

He can not pull this maneuver off against GGG

#1 because of reach/height. Cotto is way smaller and out of range when he began throwing.

#2 With GGG, you don't know if it's a probe. He leans back and comes forward face first into a bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                  Toney himself said he can beat every single HW out there right now........................................... do you believe that?
                  Toney also said manny would beat Floyd using seek-n-destroy

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    You referenced Rosado and Kellerman....

Alvarez is a 5times smarter counter attacker than Curtis Stevens... talking about ''shells'' or rope a dope what did Stevens do to Lil'G in the 4th round half way thru the ring...

trolls.

Canelo has never fought a fighter in GGG's class with a probe offense. legit probes and not just feints. GGG would throw touches out just to get you to react defensively.

it works so well because of GGG's disgusting power.

Comment

Originally posted by NotTheFace View Post
                      lol

i can't post gifs. but go look at the moment when Canelo hits Cotto with a perfect pull counter uppercut.

a huge tank MW plants his feet, wides up a huge uppercut and hits nothing but street chin on a career LWW/WW and couldn't even faze him.

Canelo's power is shameful.

He can not pull this maneuver off against GGG

#1 because of reach/height. Cotto is way smaller and out of range when he began throwing.

#2 With GGG, you don't know if it's a probe. He leans back and comes forward face first into a bomb.
                      Alvarez is physically stronger than gennady easy.

He'll welcome him forward to kill his body on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X