Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin... Why Counter Game and Defensive Shells Don't Work against him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin... Why Counter Game and Defensive Shells Don't Work against him...

i'm a bookmaker that's been lurking on these forums for a bit. but i don't understand why the boxing enthusiasts have such poor comprehension of the sport.

i'll go over a couple of reasons why you can't really counter GGG. nor would the shoulder roll, any rhythm based defensive maneuver work against GGG.

GGG has a probing offense. as Gabe Rosado and Max Kellerman said... touch touch BOOM. Gabe said he felt him just tensing up as GGG touches him because he doesn't know which punch is going to be the bomb. literally froze him.

Basically if you think Canelo or whoever will counter a jab or whatever by GGG, you have to basically run the risk of it being a probe and get blown out.

Same with a rhythm based philly shell or whatever, you weave on a probe right into a bomb.

just wanted to share some thoughts on this.

GGG has the highest compliment in the sport being the most ducked fighter in MW history. basically fighters and trainers alike don't want to risk fighting him even tho GGG is the draw. think about it. you can skip a fighter like Lara because he brings nothing to the table. but Kid and Danny and BJS skipping GGG is completely out of fear because GGG is the draw.
    Last edited by NotTheFace; 05-03-2016, 01:11 PM.

It's more to do with his excellent footwork but I see your point

Comment

Alvarez beats gennady up when they fight

It'll be his coming out party like Toney-Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by NotTheFace View Post
        i'm a bookmaker that's been lurking on these forums for a bit. but i don't understand why the boxing enthusiasts have such poor comprehension of the sport.

i'll go over a couple of reasons why you can't really counter GGG. nor would the shoulder roll, any rhythm based defensive maneuver work against GGG.

GGG has a probing offense. as Gabe Rosado and Max Kellerman said... touch touch BOOM. Gabe said he felt him just tensing up as GGG touches him because he doesn't know which punch is going to be the bomb. literally froze him.

Basically if you think Canelo or whoever will counter a jab or whatever by GGG, you have to basically run the risk of it being a probe and get blown out.

Same with a rhythm based philly shell or whatever, you weave on a probe right into a bomb.

just wanted to share some thoughts on this.

GGG has the highest compliment in the sport being the most ducked fighter in MW history. basically fighters and trainers alike don't want to risk fighting him even tho GGG is the draw. think about it. you can skip a fighter like Lara because he brings nothing to the table. but Kid and Danny and BJS skipping GGG is completely out of fear.
        You referenced Rosado and Kellerman....

Alvarez is a 5times smarter counter attacker than Curtis Stevens... talking about ''shells'' or rope a dope what did Stevens do to Lil'G in the 4th round half way thru the ring...

trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Alvarez beats gennady up when they fight

It'll be his coming out party like Toney-Barkley
          Are you comparing Barkley to GGG lol.

Canelo vs GGG would more likely be GGG's coming out party similar to Hopkins vs Trinidad.

Comment

I've been saying for a couple years that Golovkin is a defensive fighter's worst nightmare. He cuts off the ring so well, and has such a diverse and punishing punch selection that guys like Lara would be absolutely destroyed.

To beat Golovkin, you have have an iron chin and be willing to go to war with him.

Also, at middleweight, Golovkin is impossible to hold. At a higher weight, maybe its a tactic that could work.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Are you comparing Barkley to GGG lol.

Canelo vs GGG would more likely be GGG's coming out party similar to Hopkins vs Trinidad.
              Hopkins is much better than gennady.

gennady can't fight like Hopkins even if you paid him everything.

Comment

Where will all these Lil'G fans go when Alvarez beats the old Kazakh?

Comment

He hasn't fought anyone elite, so we don't know for sure that they won't work.

Comment

what do you think is bet of the weekend mr bookmaker?

Comment

Working...
                    X