Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: It's Obvious Floyd Mayweather is Coming Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mayweather comes back, it's gonna be against a big name, but a name that's beatable. A fighter that Mayweathers positive that he'll beat. Actually, I can see him fighting Khan if Khan wins. Either that, or Garcia. If he fights Garcia, that'll be a boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      If Mayweather comes back, it's gonna be against a big name, but a name that's beatable. A fighter that Mayweathers positive that he'll beat. Actually, I can see him fighting Khan if Khan wins. Either that, or Garcia. If he fights Garcia, that'll be a boring fight.
      Timothy Bradley would be good if they can work with top rank.

He has credibility and is an easy style for Floyd. Timmeh needs to look good again first.

Garcia
      Brook
      Thurman

Floyd isn't interested in fighting Porter. He has an incredibly ugly style and wouldn't contribute anything to the promotion.

Comment

Garcia is the plan and the writing is on the wall.

Now he's calling out Berto, Floyd's previous opponent.

They even gave Berto an Ortiz fight so he could look good.

Berto upsetting Garcia would make **** interesting

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Garcia is the plan and the writing is on the wall.

Now he's calling out Berto, Floyd's previous opponent.

They even gave Berto an Ortiz fight so he could look good.

Berto upsetting Garcia would make **** interesting
          Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Timothy Bradley would be good if they can work with top rank.

He has credibility and is an easy style for Floyd. Timmeh needs to look good again first.

Garcia
          Brook
          Thurman

Floyd isn't interested in fighting Porter. He has an incredibly ugly style and wouldn't contribute anything to the promotion.
          Tim Bradley would be good. A lot of people know him and he'll help fill the seats. Garcia's very beatable for Floyd. All he has to do is avoid the left hook from Garcia. Garcia's flat footed too. Should make it easy for Floyd to avoid him.

Comment

Sorry. Not avoid him, "box" him.

Comment

If he does and he stays too long, eventually he will lose. I'm not hating, I respect him as a boxer greatly, it is just the way the ball bounces. Guys get old, sometimes they get old in the space of one fight...Floyd may be a great fighter but he is not immune to what we have seen happen to virtually every boxer in history...Eventually a loss comes around. Having said that, if he does come back there are still plenty of people he can beat pretty 'easily'. Hard to imagine anyone currently giving him a potential loss put it that way.

No matter what Floyd says or does, the next couple of years he will always be rumoured to come back and always be being offered ridiculous pay to do so. It will only stop for him when age affects the situation too much for interest to die down in his return.

Part of me thinks that retiring after Berto was all part of the plan to generate more pay and interest for himself, I kind of feel like he knew he was going to try for 50-0 all along...We'll see.

Comment

Stay retired Gayweather, your fights are like watching a chicken run around the yard.

Comment

Idk about it being obvious, but with boxers history it would be surprising for anyone to comeback. I do agree with Arum about Manny being the only guy I can see Floyd getting $100,000,000+ for & I think they'd still do 2.3M+ PPV's if they were to fight. Its not happening doe, Manny should be off the table for awhile in a week unless Manny gets caught with a dead hooker or a live child.

Comment

Sorry Bob, Floyd could make "that kind of money" fighting the winner of Canelo vs. Khan, just as easy as fighting Pacquiao!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Sorry Bob, Floyd could make "that kind of money" fighting the winner of Canelo vs. Khan, just as easy as fighting Pacquiao!
                      Nah, no1 wants to see the Canelo rematch, first fight was boring, Floyd won incredibly easy. And guaranteed Canelo is going to drill Khan this Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X