Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Khan set to make $13M+ is it safe to say GGG would net $20M+ against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Khan brings money to the table. No matter what some muppet try to insinuate on NSB.
    I agree. Khan brings more money to the table than GGG. I think they are relying on the Brits PPV buys

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
      it takes 2 to make a PPV fight
      Right, Canelo and Golovkin are two people who have both been on PPV.

Plus it takes hardcore fans to convince casuals (the bulk of PPV buys) which fights are good and which aren't. Most people know Canelo vs Khan is simply a showcase fight. Hardcore and casuals alike know how big Canelo vs GGG is. Why, because it's an even matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        Amir Khan Stands To Pocket 13 Million in Canelo Showdown

Keep in mind the $13M is the guarantee. It says in the article that he could make even more on the back end when everything is said and done. You would have to assume he'd take some of the U.S. PPV money too even though it's not mentioned.

Team Golovkin might seriously want to reconsider their "not going to 155lbs" stance for Canelo. It's clear to me that Canelo won't budge on the weight, so essentially Team GGG will be throwing away 20-30 million for avoiding the fight at that weight. A weight that his team said they'd go down to, to fight Floyd Mayweather (154 lbs).

Keep in mind this fight would likely take place at AT&T Stadium (Cowboys Stadium) which seats over 100,000 people. Because of the compelling matchup, the ticket prices would be at premier prices with an exception for the nosebleeds. I think the PPV would do at least 1.5M - 2M homes at $80 a piece.
        Khan is not guaranteed $13 million. He is guaranteed $6 and can make up to $13 million if the fight sells well in England. GGG would only be guaranteed $3 million for an Alvarez fight and he has no PPV market in his home country where he can make money. So, if GGG fought Alvarez, GGG would make $3 million.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          Khan is not guaranteed $13 million. He is guaranteed $6 and can make up to $13 million if the fight sells well in England. GGG would only be guaranteed $3 million for an Alvarez fight and he has no PPV market in his home country where he can make money. So, if GGG fought Alvarez, GGG would make $3 million.
          Where are you getting this info from?

Comment

The fight isn't on PPV in the UK.

Comment

Nah not that much but easily his biggest pay day guess he's content fighting the wades of boxing

Comment

I'm thinking part of why GGG wouldn't get that much (guaranteed) is because they wouldn't need to offer him that much for him to take the fight. It's not nearly the same level of risk.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-03-2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Nah, more like 3 or maybe 4 milly for Gi Gi.

Comment

Don't you understand it doesn't make any difference if GGG agrees to drop to 155 to fight Canelo or not. Oscar is stalling with all the marinating BS. Plain and simple, Oscar doesn't want Canelo in the same ring with GGG for a very long time. He wants Canelo to improve and GGG to get older and past prime. When and if an actual 20 million dollar offer is on the table to fight Canelo at 155 pounds GGG will probably say yes. As of now no such offer has been made. In fact no offer has been made. Oscar keeps saying the GGG-Canelo fight will happen. What Oscar doesn't say is WHEN it will happen. Don't hold your breath.

Comment

I don't think so. He is getting 3 million divided with his cannon fodder opponents. He will want a minimum of 10 million to fight Richie Cunningham and will demand the fight at the middleweight limit.

Since he will have the WBC title by the time the fight is signed the fight will be at the 160 pound limit. I don't think this fight happens until 2017 and probably in the fall.

Comment

Working...
                      X