Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Khan set to make $13M+ is it safe to say GGG would net $20M+ against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Khan set to make $13M+ is it safe to say GGG would net $20M+ against Canelo?

Amir Khan Stands To Pocket 13 Million in Canelo Showdown

Keep in mind the $13M is the guarantee. It says in the article that he could make even more on the back end when everything is said and done. You would have to assume he'd take some of the U.S. PPV money too even though it's not mentioned.

Khan is guaranteed the huge amount with Mexican star Alvarez’s promoters Golden Boy offering up some of the healthy sum.

His stunning pay packet also includes the UK TV money from BoxNation, who beat Sky to land exclusive rights to one of the biggest fights of 2016, as well funds from other promotional activities for the fight.

And Khan, who is in his first world title fight since losing to Danny Garcia in 2012, could end up earning even more on the back of this clash thanks to his own sponsorship deals.
    Team Golovkin might seriously want to reconsider their "not going to 155lbs" stance for Canelo. It's clear to me that Canelo won't budge on the weight, so essentially Team GGG will be throwing away 20-30 million for avoiding the fight at that weight. A weight that his team said they'd go down to, to fight Floyd Mayweather (154 lbs).

Keep in mind this fight would likely take place at AT&T Stadium (Cowboys Stadium) which seats over 100,000 people. Because of the compelling matchup, the ticket prices would be at premier prices with an exception for the nosebleeds. I think the PPV would do at least 1.5M - 2M homes at $80 a piece.
    Last edited by Nubia; 05-02-2016, 08:03 PM.

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
    Amir Khan Stands To Pocket 13 Million in Canelo Showdown

Keep in mind the $13M is the guarantee. It says in the article that he could make even more on the back end when everything is said and done. You would have to assume he'd take some of the U.S. PPV money too even though it's not mentioned.

Team Golovkin might seriously want to reconsider their "not going to 155lbs" stance for Canelo. It's clear to me that Canelo won't budge on the weight, so essentially Team GGG will be throwing away 20-30 million for avoiding the fight at that weight. A weight that his team said they'd go down to, to fight Floyd Mayweather (154 lbs).
    Too bad Triple Flop don't want none. 155 is waiting, yet he wants to make a small Canelo move up. 155 or nothing. Stick to fighting bums, Triple Flop.

Comment

Keep in mind this fight would likely take place at AT&T Stadium (Cowboys Stadium) which seats over 100,000 people. Because of the compelling matchup, the ticket prices would be at premier prices with an exception for the nosebleeds. I think the PPV would do at least 1.5M - 2M homes at $80 a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by -Mar.GOD.rito- View Post
        Too bad Triple Flop don't want none. 155 is waiting, yet he wants to make a small Canelo move up. 155 or nothing. Stick to fighting bums, Triple Flop.
        I wonder why that is though? Canelo is the biggest star in boxing now that Floyd is out of the picture. Why was GGG willing to go down to 154 for Floyd (a fight that is utterly unrealistic) instead of going to 155 for Canelo, a fight that essentially everyone is calling to make against a superstar?

Comment

Triple flop wont make more than a flat fee of 4 million thats all he deserves.

Comment

Probably not because Amir is bringing that UK money, Golovkin is not bringing that sort of added value to the card even if he probably is more popular in the US.

Golovkin would make like 8 to 10 maybe more if the PPV s a real hit

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
              I wonder why that is though? Canelo is the biggest star in boxing now that Floyd is out of the picture. Why was he willing to go down to 154 for Floyd (a fight that is utterly unrealistic) instead of going to 155 for Canelo, a fight that essentially everyone is calling to make?
              Fear, my brother! This bum -Mr. 97K PPV Buys- is not fooling me. He is fooling lots of people, but real motherfahkers like us know what's up. Let's keep it real, these broke bums hate that a Mexican is calling the shots and running boxing. Same thing happened with King Floyd. They hated that a black man was running the sport for a long time. Who gives a fahk about these closet racist, tho. Let them hate. Canelo and Ward will be the face(s) of boxing.

Triple Flop is quick to fight small men, but when someone his own size calls him out, he tucks his tail in. Fahk him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Mar.GOD.rito- View Post
                Fear, my brother! This bum -Mr. 97K PPV Buys- is not fooling me. He is fooling lots of people, but real motherfahkers like us know what's up. Let's keep it real, these broke bums hate that a Mexican is calling the shots and running boxing. Same thing happened with King Floyd. They hated that a black man was running the sport for a long time. Who gives a fahk about these closet racist, tho. Let them hate. Canelo and Ward will be the face(s) of boxing.

Triple Flop is quick to fight small men, but when someone his own size calls him out, he tucks his tail in. Fahk him.
                You're probably right. It sucks how poor the quality of his opposition has been at the age of 34 or 35. His career is going to waste fighting guys like Monroe and Wade.

Comment

Khan brings money to the table. No matter what some muppet try to insinuate on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
                    Triple flop wont make more than a flat fee of 4 million thats all he deserves.
                    Golovkin's pay rate would obviously be way below Canelo's, you're right about that but the point still stands that this fight would generate a lot of money in both gate and PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X