Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Khan set to make $13M+ is it safe to say GGG would net $20M+ against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Don't you understand it doesn't make any difference if GGG agrees to drop to 155 to fight Canelo or not. Oscar is stalling with all the marinating BS. Plain and simple, Oscar doesn't want Canelo in the same ring with GGG for a very long time. He wants Canelo to improve and GGG to get older and past prime. When and if an actual 20 million dollar offer is on the table to fight Canelo at 155 pounds GGG will probably say yes. As of now no such offer has been made. In fact no offer has been made. Oscar keeps saying the GGG-Canelo fight will happen. What Oscar doesn't say is WHEN it will happen. Don't hold your breath.
    The only problem i see here is the fact that Canelo and GGG has to split a percentage. GGG is the interim champ, Canelo the champ etc so going by the WBC rules GGG would get whatever is decree as the interim champ.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Probably not because Amir is bringing that UK money, Golovkin is not bringing that sort of added value to the card even if he probably is more popular in the US.

Golovkin would make like 8 to 10 maybe more if the PPV s a real hit
      ... ^^^ something like that, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        I wonder why that is though? Canelo is the biggest star in boxing now that Floyd is out of the picture. Why was GGG willing to go down to 154 for Floyd (a fight that is utterly unrealistic) instead of going to 155 for Canelo, a fight that essentially everyone is calling to make against a superstar?
        The answer is obvious. GGG feels safe draining himself down, for big money, to fight a naturally smaller, older fighter with hand problems AND a non-aggressive style. Canelo on the other hand is the younger, fresher fighter who is about his size and feasts off of aggressive pressure fighters.

TLDR; Floyd couldn't hurt GGG even if he's drained but Canelo can.

Comment

Are you ******ed? You guys always talking about "Mr. 97k" and all that **** but then you come out and say he's set to make 20 million against Canelo? How stupid are you?

Comment

it's truly pathetic the way people here are trying to say a mandatory challenger for a 160 pound title should be forced to fight at a 155 catchweight. The agendas in this place are foul.

Comment

Not if it goes to a purse bid. The only way Oscar gives up that kind of scratch to GGG is if he comes down to 155. And even then 20 mil seems excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                I wonder why that is though? Canelo is the biggest star in boxing now that Floyd is out of the picture. Why was GGG willing to go down to 154 for Floyd (a fight that is utterly unrealistic) instead of going to 155 for Canelo, a fight that essentially everyone is calling to make against a superstar?
                You can relax now. The money GBP pays you for posting this crap is well earned.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  I'm thinking part of why GGG wouldn't get that much (guaranteed) is because they wouldn't need to offer him that much for him to take the fight. It's not nearly the same level of risk.
                  Exactly! The difference is Khan is set for execution and this is his fee. In the Canelo-GGG match-up it is the other way around ) Therefore don't expect GBP to pay this outrageous amount of money to the fighter who will end their golden goose.

Comment

Canelo vs GGG is the biggest fight that can be made right.now....I know alot of people who barely follow boxing who would order that fight.

Yea GGG flopped in last PPV fight. But you cant compare that to a fight with Canelo....Duh

Comment

I think 20 million is kinda too high tho...

Comment

Working...
                      X