No announcement yet.

Marvin Hagler and Floyd Mayweather were basically the same size, and

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
    A) You have no historical basis to really support that Hagler would brutally KO Floyd. Hagler himself was a volume destroyer, not a one-shot guy & Floyd is one of the best defensive fighters ever.

B) I see this as a really close match up and wouldn't call the fight as a wipeout victory either way

C) If Leonard had success running and pot-shotting, I see Floyd having some success as well.
    He also had reach of 75 inches which was freakish for a fighter who was 5ft 9 ...floyd would have a few rounds of success for sure but that's about it....floyd mayweather jnr is not a sugar ray leonard sorry to say

Comment

If you ******s dont want to believe the few times Floyd has had a fight night weight taken , then dont but you ******s have got to take the OFFICIAL weigh-in as being 100% true .

Have you ******s got that firmly planted .

Floyd has weighed in many times at 146 lbs .

Show me where Hagler has weighed in under 158 lbs .

Thats the end of your peabrain argument !!!!

I would love to take the time to just blow you idiots away on this , but I cant be fcked wasting good time trying to convince a bunch of hating child morons what side is up concerning weight and Floyd Manny JMM Hagler or any other fighter you care to understand .

Fckn biggest bunch of boxing idiots in the world are on this site .

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        He also had reach of 75 inches which was freakish for a fighter who was 5ft 9 ...floyd would have a few rounds of success for sure but that's about it....floyd mayweather jnr is not a sugar ray leonard sorry to say
        Hey, I got the Marvelous one as my avi- trust me, I'd be rooting for Marvin all the way. But I also know it's a bad match up for him stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          If you ******s dont want to believe the few times Floyd has had a fight night weight taken , then dont but you ******s have got to take the OFFICIAL weigh-in as being 100% true .

Have you ******s got that firmly planted .

Floyd has weighed in many times at 146 lbs .

Show me where Hagler has weighed in under 158 lbs .

Thats the end of your peabrain argument !!!!

I would love to take the time to just blow you idiots away on this , but I cant be fcked wasting good time trying to convince a bunch of hating child morons what side is up concerning weight and Floyd Manny JMM Hagler or any other fighter you care to understand .

Fckn biggest bunch of boxing idiots in the world are on this site .
          Take a deep breath bro. Everything is gonna be ok.

Comment

Hey, I got the Marvelous one as my avi- trust me, I'd be rooting for Marvin all the way. But I also know it's a bad match up for him stylistically.
            Well I see that and I also have quite extensive knowledge of hagler and the other fabulous 3....there is simply no comparison with floyd taking a prolonged beating from a Marcos maidana to facing a boxer puncher with counter punching skills of a marvin hagler.. As I said mayweather 1 would not have the reach 2 size or power to keep hagler off him 3 floyd never faced any fighter of margins haglers resume except pacquaio but pacquaio was 5ft 6 with a 67 inch reach blown up featherweight..and Im telling you now the hagler that wiped out tony sibson would have dissected floyd even with his shoulder roll and if Castillo could punish a mayweather I'm damn sure marvin hagler would have ripped his soul out...100 percent....hagler was simply to big and strong and could keep floyd of his jab alone let alone disect him with his pinpoint counter punching....he would brutalise floyd ...don't confuse canelo with marvin hagler

Comment

Well I see that and I also have quite extensive knowledge of hagler and the other fabulous 3....there is simply no comparison with floyd taking a prolonged beating from a Marcos maidana to facing a boxer puncher with counter punching skills of a marvin hagler.. As I said mayweather 1 would not have the reach 2 size or power to keep hagler off him 3 floyd never faced any fighter of margins haglers resume except pacquaio but pacquaio was 5ft 6 with a 67 inch reach blown up featherweight..and Im telling you now the hagler that wiped out tony sibson would have dissected floyd even with his shoulder roll and if Castillo could punish a mayweather I'm damn sure marvin hagler would have ripped his soul out...100 percent....hagler was simply to big and strong and could keep floyd of his jab alone let alone disect him with his pinpoint counter punching....he would brutalise floyd ...don't confuse canelo with marvin hagler
              Sheeeeeeiiiiiiit never would I diss Marvin by comparing him to Canelo my man! But I also pay my respects to Floyd as one of the defensive ATGs... Probably THE defensive ATG. I could definitely see Hagler walking through Floyd's potshots and smothering him. And given his size, it could be big problems once he did get Floyd to the ropes. But I don't think he'd "brutalize" Floyd or nothing like that. Just trying to be fair.

Comment

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiit never would I diss Marvin by comparing him to Canelo my man! But I also pay my respects to Floyd as one of the defensive ATGs... Probably THE defensive ATG. I could definitely see Hagler walking through Floyd's potshots and smothering him. And given his size, it could be big problems once he did get Floyd to the ropes. But I don't think he'd "brutalize" Floyd or nothing like that. Just trying to be fair.
                Floyd was a great fighter indeed but he was also clever on the styles of fighters he chose and when he boxed them......so prime for prime are you gonna tell me that floyd would have stepped in the ring with the marvin hagler that had just stopped tony sibson or thomas hearns....come on be honest with me and yourself m8 lol

Comment

Floyd was a great fighter indeed but he was also clever on the styles of fighters he chose and when he boxed them......so prime for prime are you gonna tell me that floyd would have stepped in the ring with the marvin hagler that had just stopped tony sibson or thomas hearns....come on be honest with me and yourself m8 lol
                  Prime for prime wouldn't make sense cuz Floyd would be 130lbs lol... Its way too speculative cuz of the size difference. The thread is honestly just a troll lol

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Hagler would beat Floyd at 160, but we know Floyd don't go there's. He don't fight middleweights.
                    Foyd would probably say he's easy work, then tell him to win a title at super middleweight and then he's got a fight at 147
                    I agree with you!
                    But on a different note, what kinda beer bottles were British fans throwing at hagler when he took out Mr. Minter?

Hopefully it tasted better than American beer's?????

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      Hagler would've KILLED Floyd. Isn't that crazy?

Hagler was basiclaly Marcos Maidana with infitely more boxing skills, durability, chin, will, heart, technicality, brutality, power, speed, and everything else under the sun when it came to fighting and boxing.

What say you, boxingscene?
                      two possible scenarios:

1. marvin stops floyd.....

2. marvin do a "no mas" out of exasperation........remember, marvin was so vocal about feather-puffs being scored against him....

Comment

Working...
                      X