Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Wade Registers As Most-Watched Cable TV Fight of 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    the fact that you openly ignored my question gives me the sense that you likely tuned into your first fight with the ODLH-Mayweather hype up on 24/7.

good to know
    It's not like you can exploit it, you're useless at posting, arguments, numbers etc

Comment

• Props to GGG for getting the 3rd most watched figt in 2016 especially since he was fighting a nobody who was overmatched.

1.3 is good for HBo especially right now when a couple years ago 1.3 was a good # now it seems like it's 1.1

I'm a fan of GGG and he's definitly good for the sport , love the fact he's a polarizing figure his fanatics adore him on Pac levels who can do no wrong his haters despise him like Mayweather who can't do right

Just lets you know he's doing something right, wish his team would let him take on a challenge sometime because these blowouts against no hopers is becoming kind of lame.

Comment

Ward is making his PPV debut this fall, in a fight that is actually supposed to be on PPV, and will likely do triple the number that Golovkin did for his inaugural show, not having his company lose their hat on the event like K2 did.

I don't have to know the seating chat; Oracle Arena has a concert capacity of 20k, with a boxing capacity of likely 21k or so, and Goossen/RocNation haven't opened up the upper level for a Ward fight ever. Not gonna waste my time trying to count the seat but, by the simple eyeball test, i'd figure that the upper level holds roughly 8k seats.

Ward last three fights at Oracle have all done over $700k in revenue at the live gate (can't find the ticket line for Ward-Miranda, but the turnout for his debut fight in Oakland showed serious interest; Ward-Kessler din't look too shabby either)

Golovkin has now had 3 headline fights in his adopted homebase of SoCal (vs Rubio, Monroe, and Wade) yet we don't even have rumors as to how those fights did at the live gate in revenue.

Keep celebrating $20 tickets if you want.
        Wow! You're taking ******ity to a new height. GGG tickets are priced quite high for a non-Vegas fight. Actually, much higher than Ward tix. $20 my ass. GGG is making more of endorsement deals than any other fighter right now and he sells more tickets than Michael Jackson in his prime. Deal with it punk!

Comment

-Steve Kim has proven himself to be an utter shill; not recalling what angle Kim was pushing at the time, utilizing him as a source for anything outside of Top Rank business is useless.

-Reading the Rafael story (he's not as much of a shill as Kim is, but you still take his information knowing that he and Bob Arum sit for dinners), it would seem as if Showtime had interest in airing Bute for two fights, Showtime and Interbox couldn't agree to terms for continuing the relationship, Interbox moved Bute to HBO for a few fights, HBO aired two fights, HBO no longer had interest in Bute at 168, Interbox and Showtime re-enter negotiations for a deal and agreed to a 3-fight deal, Showtime aired three fight, the deal ended and Bute would not return to US TV for just over 2 years.

Admittedly not being in the room, it would seem as if the initial talks between Interbox and Showtime fell off over pricing of the deal, Interbox formed a relationship with HBO, and when that fizzled out, Interbox returned to Showtime, arguably at about the price point that was discussed to begin with.
          You asked for facts I presented you with facts.
          Facts are Bute was not invited to be part of the super six, and seeing the error of his ways Ken later signed Bute to a three fight deal towards the end of the S6 setting him up to fight the winner.

What ever theory your have conjure up to make sense to you doesn't change that fact.

So going all the way back to your initial bs post, no Bute didn't duck the S6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
            I don't know why you have to stick a downer on every GGG thread but I thought that even kids are aware that these figures only inculde HBO subscribers.
            Yes I understand its only HBO subscribers. Dude, why are you whining again? I didn't stick any downer in this thread. There was the prediction thread of views, I chose over 1.5 mil for the reasons I stated. I post here that I was wrong and that 1.3 is still a very strong number.

Later on in the thread when Pigeons post his number I posted the following:

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            thanks for the clarification. so it was 1.089. Not as good as I initially thought and well under what I assumed. Not to different from Ward's last fight.

I may not like GGG that much, but if his numbers are low that sucks for boxing
            because he gets more promotion/publicity than any fighter other than Canelo here in the US.
            I don't mind debating but I would appreciate it if you didn't whine about GGG so much. Not every post is a criticism.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-27-2016, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• smooth big dunn real smooth

Comment

• People want to see Golovkin fight, but casuals don't want to pay to see him unless he's in with somebody who could beat him or at least present potential answers to questions about where GGG's limitations are. There may simply just not be a fighter at 160 capable of any of the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                  Boxing is boxing. Naz got love for being a ko artist just like Tyson did. Now its Golovkins turn. Accept it or comtinue to be bothered. I don't care, the boxing world has embraced him.
                  you mean the gullible gennady groupies.

All the others are disappointed that he didn't want to fight ward when he had the chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                    keep watching it and they'll keep selling it to you..just like canelo..if u let him get away with fightin previously ko'd welterweights danny garcia might be his next opponent...
                    and heres the kicker..ggg will take step aside money for that too...

lol point me to the divisions that have real fighters..
                    Didnt mayweather fight a guy pacquiao who was knocked out cold in one of the worst ko in history and you still give him full credit for that? Why knock canelo for being like floyd with his demands? He learned from floyd after floyd said 152 or no fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Yes I understand its only HBO subscribers. Dude, why are you whining again? I didn't stick any downer in this thread. There was the prediction thread of views, I chose over 1.5 mil for the reasons I stated. I post here that I was wrong and that 1.3 is still a very strong number.

Later on in the thread when Pigeons post his number I posted the following:

I don't mind debating but I would appreciate it if you didn't whine about GGG so much. Not every post is a criticism.
                      nobody is whining about GGG dude ... other than you

Comment

Working...
                      X