Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: If Canelo Refuses Golovkin - Mexicans Will Turn on Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
    YOU can not be this naive?
    I honestly don't know at this point. I think I'm a little delusion in thinking that a country with such a vast history of great fighters wouldn't support what canelo is doing. Maybe this is just the new age of boxing.

Comment

Nelo is a boy in a mans body. He keeps wanting advantages. GGG doesn't want advantage he just wants to proves he's king @ 160.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
        I honestly don't know at this point. I think I'm a little delusion in thinking that a country with such a vast history of great fighters wouldn't support what canelo is doing. Maybe this is just the new age of boxing.
        They have seen Canelo drop weight to fight the best fighter on the planet in Mayweather, he then fought guys in Trout and Lara that people were claiming he would duck due to the style clash, then he gave up 80% of the money split to secure a fight with Cotto.

I think the majority realise that when he feels it's time to fully move to 160, those 160 fights will happen. Canelo has a history of taking difficult fights.

Comment

So let me get this straight:

- Canelo has beaten Cotto, (Puerto Rico) Lara(?) (Cuban) and Angulo (Mexican).
          - He has established Mexico in having (probably) the premier guy in Boxing right now.
          - Again, he has had Mexico reign supreme over their biggest national rivals in boxing.
          - And his mentor is a Mexican boxing hero Oscar De La Hoya.

You think not fighting GGG will usurp all that based on some "Mexican Warrior" crap?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You can not be this naive.......

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            They have seen Canelo drop weight to fight the best fighter on the planet in Mayweather, he then fought guys in Trout and Lara that people were claiming he would duck due to the style clash, then he gave up 80% of the money split to secure a fight with Cotto.

I think the majority realise that when he feels it's time to fully move to 160, those 160 fights will happen. Canelo has a history of taking difficult fights.
            If that's the case,he needs to drop the belt. He can't claim to be the champ,while at the same time saying he's too small for 160. You can't have your cake and eat it too. He needs to vacate,work his way up to 160,and fight golovkin in may or September 2017.

Comment

Mexicans will not leave canelo side even though he is a ***** running from ggg canelo he is the only popular fighter they have right now. canelo knows he will get destroyed by ggg he really lost to Cotto and got a gift decision. ggg just needs to forget about canelo pray that he gets stripped by the garbage wbc and unify the last belts he needs. canelo is not a warrior if he was he would use his power to force the ggg fight. but he's making excuses and the fight doesn't need any buildup it will sell. its a fight that includes like 5 belts stop running canelo.

Comment

If that's the case,he needs to drop the belt. He can't claim to be the champ,while at the same time saying he's too small for 160. You can't have your cake and eat it too. He needs to vacate,work his way up to 160,and fight golovkin in may or September 2017.
                I've already said as much, I wanted him to drop the belt immediately after the Cotto fight.

However, at this point I believe he's holding it out of spite. Sanchez is doing an awful lot of talking and Canelo is just dragging it along, making them wait.

Comment

i like GGG and his fighting style and i know he's been calling his style the mexican style. but last saturday when he came out to the ring with mexican traditional music playing it was just too much for me. its like he's trying to steal the fans instead of earning it. instead of making mexican fans like him by his fighting style, he's trying to steal them by making them think that he's all into mexican culture, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                    So let me get this straight:

- Canelo has beaten Cotto, (Puerto Rico) Lara(?) (Cuban) and Angulo (Mexican).
                    - He has established Mexico in having (probably) the premier guy in Boxing right now.
                    - Again, he has had Mexico reign supreme over their biggest national rivals in boxing.
                    - And his mentor is a Mexican boxing hero Oscar De La Hoya.

You think not fighting GGG will usurp all that based on some "Mexican Warrior" crap?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You can not be this naive.......
                    On second thought,you're probably right. 90-99% of boxing fans these days are cacuals,and can't even tell the difference between weight classes. It wouldn't surprise me if many people thought think canelo-khan is an even fight,just because they hear two big names are fighting,despite the weight disparity

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Mexicans seem happy if he fights the likes of Khan, then Pacman, then whoever...

It also seems that Canelo (as a young lion, doe) would rather fight GGG now, but GBP execs won't let their cash cow to end up in a painful fiasco at 25...
                      At all, Mex fans are putting pressure on Canelo's facebook for fighting GGG.

We are not talking about *****s doing mental gymnastics in order to find excuses, but mexican fans, they support a country and the sport, not a character.

Comment

Working...
                      X