No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA: If No Golovkin-Canelo, We Will Order GGG-Danny Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    Old information. I've been saying this for months while people have been asking why Jacobs doesn't call out GGG. The WBA already said this at their conference in December. Jacobs is scheduled to fight Lee in the summer and the fight will happen in the fall if GGG. But that HBO contract will be a problem.
    Jacobs has known this since December. But GGG fanboys keep saying "why isn't Jacobs calling out GGG" They really think everybody is ducking this guy

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Jacobs is such a bad fighter and the worst kind of paper champ, I can't believe he gets so much hype on here...oh wait, I can believe it.
      That is not true, blasting Kid Chocolate in 2 rounds makes him a legit belt holder.

He's a hell of a puncher 28kos/31 wins.

I like that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        There is not a scenario where the WBC outrights strips Canelo. You can quote me on that.
        If they make him a special belt he is still the lineal champ and the cash cow in the division. GGG can have fun knocking out Jacobs for a fraction of what he would get by dropping 5 lbs and finally having a fight people won't **** on. His choice.
        What about Ginger puss growing a pair, and fighting at the weight limit of the belt he's holding, and not asking the guy to drain himself towards defeat.

Comment

• Hope it happens. Jacobs would put up decent resistance I think but I don't imagine he sees the final bell. Good fighter but being somewhat overrated off the back of the Quillin win. He's probably faced two top ten opponents in his whole career. One he stopped, the other stopped him.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Jacobs is such a bad fighter and the worst kind of paper champ, I can't believe he gets so much hype on here...oh wait, I can believe it.
            I agree. Never thought of Jacobs as a good fighter, same goes for Saunders, Lee and the rest. The middleweight division really sucks if this hypejob is their ruler.

The only fighter I'm interested in against the boogeyman is Ward. Why not fight Ward at 175? I think Ward doesn't have any fight scheduled for the summer yet. It can be his tune up for Canelo for the fall!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              That is not true, blasting Kid Chocolate in 2 rounds makes him a legit belt holder.

He's a hell of a puncher 28kos/31 wins.

I like that fight.
              I like it too because its legit , not saying Danny is HOF material but it is a legit fight and a country mile ahead of anything on Gennadys resume so far .

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                What about Ginger puss growing a pair, and fighting at the weight limit of the belt he's holding, and not asking the guy to drain himself towards defeat.
                When GGG has resume and proves he is a PPV draw equal to Canelo he can dictate terms. As it stands now Canelo has earned the right to call the shots. He is the one bringing the fans and the money to this one. He and his 10 fans here can cry all they want but GGG has no leverage. Canelo got to this point by taking risky fights, hopefully GGG is willing to do the same rather than feast on bums like Wade.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                  When GGG has resume and proves he is a PPV draw equal to Canelo he can dictate terms. As it stands now Canelo has earned the right to call the shots. He is the one bringing the fans and the money to this one. He and his 10 fans here can cry all they want but GGG has no leverage. Canelo got to this point by taking risky fights, hopefully GGG is willing to do the same rather than feast on bums like Wade.
                  Calling the shots, but not making a bltch move, wich is the case with that 155 CW demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    I don't understand this ^. A few people have said it . and yeah I understand the view that it's hypocritical (even if I feel the situation is more nuanced than that) - but how on the one hand can people slate Golovkin for his level of opposition then in the next breath criticize him for moving up to fight a SMW champion? I want to see him step up and I see Zurdo as a step in the right direction. Does not fighting Ward mean that he should stagnate at 160 forever so as not to be accused of hypocrisy?
                    Because they made it seem like Ward wasn't deserving of the fight. He is already a Hall of famer with what he has done in his career. I get him wanting to fight Froch or Chavez Jr. too, but come on, dude just seems like a bottom feeder if he does that. Fight a guy with more than 1 good win and you will get credit for it (is that really to much to ask for).

Canelo, Jacobs, Saunders, DeGale, Jack would all be good fights for him. It's about making the biggest fights. You can't be mad at Canelo and do the same thing to Ward (I understand why he doesn't want to fight him, because its almost an automatic loss, but don't bad mouth they guy that did it the hard way). Just stay at 160. The guy is 34, he is not getting any younger, and needs fights that will define his legacy at this point. Look at his record and tell me who are the best fighters he has faced, and then look at those guys records. I think it is a fair criticism when people are talking about him being P4P #1 with no names on his resume, but will discredit a guy like Ward that has accomplished more than him.

I think he is a good fighter, and like most people I want to see if he can be a great fighter, but that won't happen unless we see him get tested. Any of those guys mentioned would be a good fight for him (he would be favored in all of them).

Comment

• Loeffler likes the idea of GGG-Jacobs, and doesn't think having to deal with Haymon will be a problem in making it happen. "Could see it on PPV"

Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-24-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X