• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs more likely to vacate the WBC regular title than anything

That's what these punks do.

Canelo duck, then Jacob will duck.

Comment

• Hope it happens but interesting the WBA has allowed Sauerland's paper champion Braehmer to keep his belt and "defend" against cupcakes for two years without ever making him face the real WBA champion Kovalev. Wonder how they pick and choose? ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Comment

• Jacobs is one of the better fighters and a respectable win to have on your record

Comment

• Jacobs will be Ko victim number 22

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            only dangerous for jacobs. ggg took lemieux's power very well and lemieux is a far bigger puncher than jacobs.

i can easily see jacob being knocked down or ko'ed from a ggg power jab. jacob's chin and defense isn't very good at all.
            My money is on triple G. Even if you think that Lemieux is the harder hitter Jacobs delivers his punches faster with more technic, so the chances of GGG getting caught is a live one

Comment

• Dibella did not pay out anything....showtime paid a pretty penny for the right to air that fight and hardly anyone tuned in. Lou is a sham promoter for haymon fighters

Comment

• I can rock with that

Comment

• Old information. I've been saying this for months while people have been asking why Jacobs doesn't call out GGG. The WBA already said this at their conference in December. Jacobs is scheduled to fight Lee in the summer and the fight will happen in the fall if GGG. But that HBO contract will be a problem.

Comment

• Jacobs will be the first to stop GGG

You have to look at the context in the Pirog loss. Jacobs was beating Pirog before that KO whether you agree or not. It's a fact.

GGG does not move like Pirog. He doesn't have the upper body movement. Golovkin is very robotic with his movement. Very rarely does he duck out of the way of a punch. However, he has shown great agility against Lemiuex. Problem is, that's really not telling me much since Lemieux's feet are an F550 and Jacobs feet are a Corvette.

Lemieux is also the same height as GGG with short T-rex arms. Jacobs is tall and lengthy and is therefore able to generate much more power and get more leverage than Lemeiux. Jacobs is also much faster than DL and much better in his delivery.

Who has GGG fought with the power, speed and boxing ability of Daniel Jacobs? Jacobs is like Willie Monroe but with mutant-esque power compared to Monroe.

If Golovkin drops his hands and lets Jacobs hit him like he let Monroe and Wade hit him, it's over. You know this. In the same breath, he can't afford to try and outbox Jacobs like he did DL. Yes, that statement is subjective, but I'm going purely off the eye test here.

Another thing to think about is although Lemieux was KO'd by Rubio, GGG never hurt DL to the head. All the times DL was hurt was to the body. Does this mean that Rubio hits harder than GGG because he was able to hurt DL to the head? Of course not which is why I don't like using analogies like that when talking about fights.

GGG has never faced someone of Jacobs caliber that has all the tools, power and threats of Jacobs. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Tom Loeffler has said that Jacobs is more of a threat than Canelo for a reason.

http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...weekend-review

Tom Loeffler, who promotes Triple-G, said he’s open to a fight against Jacobs. “That becomes very big if both fighters keep winning,” he said. I think Jacobs matches up better with Golovkin than Alvarez does because he’s naturally bigger and has a better amateur foundation, although the Mexican might have a better chin. … I don’t think the knockout loss will be as damaging to Quillin’s career as one might assume. Sometimes even the best fighters get caught with a big shot, as Jacobs did in his knockout lose to Dmitry Pirog in 2010. It happens. And the controversial nature of the stoppage mitigates the loss to some degree. I think Quillin (32-1-1, 23 KOs) remains one of the best 160-pounders in the world. He’ll bounce back quickly. … As always, it made me sick to hear the broadcasters refer to Jacobs-Quillin as a title fight. It wasn’t. Jacobs holds the bogus WBA “regular” title, which was invented so the sanctioning body could collect additional fees. Everyone knows that Golovkin is the actual WBA champ. The “regular” belt means about as much as the belt I bought on sale at Macy’s last week. In other words, it means nothing. Blow-by-blow man Mauro Ranallo ultimately did label the proliferation of belts “ridiculous.” Kudos to him.

Comment

• I'm liking what I'm hearing. either way, it's gonna be a fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X