Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you really know boxing you can spot the talent in advance.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you can.
    Dontae sure doesn't know how though.
    His standard of measurement definitely isn't it.
    This dude is wrong more times than a blinking vcr clock.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      You can see talent sure..but you never know someones true character until you see them under pressure
      I can respect that

Comment

I see something really special in Naoya Inoue. I'm certain he will beat Roman Gonzalez. He might even stop him.

Comment

If you could really spot boxing talent in advance, you'd be making a mint in Vegas instead of making hundreds of nonsensical videos trashing GGG to generate views and comments on your YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
            You can see talent sure..but you never know someones true character until you see them under pressure
            This. Sometimes talented fighters lose their hunger when money and hype comes in, or turns out they don't have the mental toughness or chin to compete against world class fighters, or they get managed poorly, or other things happen.

Comment

You're on the wrong form.
              Some people on here had AB, Matthysse and Alexander as future ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                Listen man lets not switch/twist what's being said here, anybody can state someone is great after they have done......but can you call the talent in advance that's the question........I have been on record here for awhile saying errol spence and artur beteribeiv has atg potential..........
                And I am on record for hyping up Maidana, Fury, and Golovkin big before most everyone if not everyone else here.

I know what I am watching and I have no problem making bold statements and rating people high based on the eye test.

And people have been hyping Spence and Beterbiev around here for years, so you aren't really alone there.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  And I am on record for hyping up Maidana, Fury, and Golovkin big before most everyone if not everyone else here.

I know what I am watching and I have no problem making bold statements and rating people high based on the eye test.

And people have been hyping Spence and Beterbiev around here for years, so you aren't really alone there.

Respect......... I remember some of your older posts........

Comment

No. You can recognise when guys have certain talents, gifts, and when they have ""the instinct" but you can't tell how they will handle top fighters. You can't.
                    I spend a lot of time analyzing the science of technique and even I am hesitant to claim a guy is great until I see how he handles pressure and how he adapts against the best in the sport. There no way to predict that. You have to see him in with top talent.

Comment

We don't know **** about fighters because they're carefully matched with mismatches. Guys like Danny Garcia get shifted on for beating everyone while guys like Spence get hyped as the second coming for beating no one.

Most people don't know **** about boxing they get caught up in these flashy combos, punching power. What happens when you got a guy in front of you that you can't put away, or outbox..you gotta rely on your heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X