Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Valid Argument that Gonzalez is P4P King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    16-2 type guys don't belong with P4P king.
    GGG is supposedly top 5 n top 3 by some....Monroe n wade are worse than that....arroyo proved his worth vs the Filipino titlist n is clearly world class

That's not stopping people from hyping him up

Look at Chocolate resume then look at other supposedly p4p types

Comment

I'm over it. I disagree with his ranking, and I hate how every website has the same ranking, they all have to follow eachother. But whatever, if that's who the media wants to hype now just let them. They love their KO artists. From 2013 to present he's been fighting guys who are about to retire and unknown journeymen. He's fought possibly the fighter with the worst record for any top 10 P4P fighter while I have been alive (38-29). I can say with confidence that he has been the worst #1 P4P fighter since I started watching boxing.

Comment

has he ever unified a division?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I'm over it. I disagree with his ranking, and I hate how every website has the same ranking, they all have to follow eachother. But whatever, if that's who the media wants to hype now just let them. They love their KO artists. From 2013 to present he's been fighting guys who are about to retire and unknown journeymen. He's fought possibly the fighter with the worst record for any top 10 P4P fighter while I have been alive (38-29). I can say with confidence that he has been the worst #1 P4P fighter since I started watching boxing.
          Wasn't floyd ranked pfp number 8 in 1998, then fought augustus with a record of 22-16-4 in 2000.......
          ...just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
            Wasn't floyd ranked pfp number 8 in 1998, then fought augustus with a record of 22-16-4 in 2000.......
            ...just saying.

Augustus is known as one of the best journeymen in the last era.

Also, unlike the Valentin win for Gonzalez who raised him to #1 P4P, the media didn't raise Floyd to even in the top 5 P4P with that win.

In fact Floyd's 5 consecutive wins in 2001-2002 to Corrales(#1 SFW and #5 P4P), C. Hernandez, Chavez(#4 SFW), Castillo 2x (#1 LW) left him guess where in the list...#8 P4P.

On the other hand, Yaegashi (who got Gonzalez on the P4P list), Fuentes, Leon, Sosa lead to Gonzalez becoming the #1 P4P fighter.

Funny how things work.

Comment

Pound for pound is 100% opinion based and therefor there are no right or wrong answers, just opinions. If in your opinion Gonzalez doesn't deserve to be number 1 or even top 10 then that is the correct answer for you. In my opinion he deserves to be rated number 1 pound for pound. Boxrec may have him 19th but HBO and some others have him number 1 pound for pound. Remember boxrec has GGG very high pound for pound and I am sure you strongly disagree with that.

Comment

I think it's great most major publication have him #1 on their. He really deserves his ranking and it forces fanboys like you to acknowledge the work being done at the lower divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Augustus is known as one of the best journeymen in the last era.

Also, unlike the Valentin win for Gonzalez who raised him to #1 P4P, the media didn't raise Floyd to even in the top 5 P4P with that win.

In fact Floyd's 5 consecutive wins in 2001-2002 to Corrales(#1 SFW and #5 P4P), C. Hernandez, Chavez(#4 SFW), Castillo 2x (#1 LW) left him guess where in the list...#8 P4P.

On the other hand, Yaegashi (who got Gonzalez on the P4P list), Fuentes, Leon, Sosa lead to Gonzalez becoming the #1 P4P fighter.

Funny how things work.
                  What's this? Facts? Why on Earth would you ever use those?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    they just offered the fight to estrada and estrada said no. estradas own team confirmed this. talk about ignorance.
                    You're so full f s**t you stupid f4gg0t. Estrada's team said if a rematch was on the table they would've had no choice but to decline since Estrada has been sidelined.

Gonzalez is a coward. Deal with it, .

Comment

Que pasa? Puta maricon, Chocolatita.

Comment

Working...
                      X