Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furys power underated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His power is definitely underrated considering some of the nonsense people say about him.

He's not as big a puncher as some in the division, but he isn't a feather fist by a long chalk. Simply put, feather fisted punchers don't command the same level of respect from their opponents as Fury does. No one just walks through Fury round after round. Chisora tried to and ended up going into a shell after about the second or third due to the damage he was sustaining. Hammer tried to as well and got the same treatment.

I think a lot of fighters (and fans) don't realise how heavy Fury's hands are just by watching him fight. That's understandable. But you only have to read what former opponents and sparring partners say about him to realise that he hits a lot harder than given credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      So who was it that cut and busted up Chisora's face during the second fight ... Don Charles in the corner?

Del Boy has never finished a fight looking like that in his entire career.

So now we have to accept that Fury is sloppy and clumsy, can't box for shit, has a glass chin and is feather fisted.

Yet, somehow, he keeps winning, and at the age of 27 is now the No1 HW in the world and a unified and lineal world champion.

Strange that innit.
      Are you Amir Khan ?

Fury's power for me is not under rated I'd saw more so a little over rated from what I have read previously, however having read these posts I'd agree its in the middle ground and rated about right here by the posters with common sense and no biases or leanings.

Fury undoubtedly has a heavy punch yet he's more of an accumulation puncher, he's never going to have punch power like Klitschko, Ortiz and Parker but the punches he has he picks them well I suppose even if he can be boring to watch. Fury for me really is a more fleet footed poor mans Klitschko due to his lack of fight ending one punch power, it's ko's fans want to see fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
        His power is definitely underrated considering some of the nonsense people say about him.

He's not as big a puncher as some in the division, but he isn't a feather fist by a long chalk. Simply put, feather fisted punchers don't command the same level of respect from their opponents as Fury does. No one just walks through Fury round after round. Chisora tried to and ended up going into a shell after about the second or third due to the damage he was sustaining. Hammer tried to as well and got the same treatment.

I think a lot of fighters (and fans) don't realise how heavy Fury's hands are just by watching him fight. That's understandable. But you only have to read what former opponents and sparring partners say about him to realise that he hits a lot harder than given credit for.
        So you're saying he punches harder in sparring than he does in his actual fights ? His former opponents have sounded gracious in defeat, Cunningham was his last KO right, an illegal stoppage. How many of his wins have been ko's as opposed to tko ? Of what I've seen in with guys like Chisora, Abell and Hammer he's been facing overmatched opponents but they all finished on their feet, I think that tells you a lot about the mystique he's tried to create about himself being a KO artist and all the other nonsense he's going to stop Klitschko etc..

He has fists of fluff for his size.

Comment

Fury is not a huge puncher but he's a HW. Anyone that big can hit hard enough to put you to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
            So you're saying he punches harder in sparring than he does in his actual fights ? His former opponents have sounded gracious in defeat, Cunningham was his last KO right, an illegal stoppage. How many of his wins have been ko's as opposed to tko ? Of what I've seen in with guys like Chisora, Abell and Hammer he's been facing overmatched opponents but they all finished on their feet, I think that tells you a lot about the mystique he's tried to create about himself being a KO artist and all the other nonsense he's going to stop Klitschko etc..

He has fists of fluff for his size.
            Well that's the key parameter, isn't it? When you're huge you don't need to hit hard for your size to do damage to your opponents. Fury doesn't have light out power compared to some in the division but he clearly has heavy hands, and coupled with his high work rate and accuracy that can add up to a lot of accumulative damage. That's what I suspect people take away from his sparring sessions and fights, the dominant impression being that they've been slowly bludgeoned to death. Vitali was similar in the demoralising way he'd beat down his opponents. Lots of his opponents would end up quitting rather than getting clean KOed as well.

Comment

He's not a big puncher but he's not feather fisted either

Comment

Well that's the key parameter, isn't it? When you're huge you don't need to hit hard for your size to do damage to your opponents. Fury doesn't have light out power compared to some in the division but he clearly has heavy hands, and coupled with his high work rate and accuracy that can add up to a lot of accumulative damage. That's what I suspect people take away from his sparring sessions and fights, the dominant impression being that they've been slowly bludgeoned to death. Vitali was similar in the demoralising way he'd beat down his opponents. Lots of his opponents would end up quitting rather than getting clean KOed as well.
                Vitali was a far superior puncher, he never pawed or flicked either. Every punch of his had intent on it and he wasnt afraid to engage and mix it up, Vitali wanted to draw his opponents into a fight and out their shell whilst Fury fights out of one.

Vitali fought on the front foot, Fury fights off of the rear.

Comment

Vitali was a far superior puncher, he never pawed or flicked either. Every punch of his had intent on it and he wasnt afraid to engage and mix it up, Vitali wanted to draw his opponents into a fight and out their shell whilst Fury fights out of one.

Vitali fought on the front foot, Fury fights off of the rear.
                  Vitali routinely fought off the back foot, drawing opponents into his power shots. Watch the Arreola fight for proof of that.

When has Fury ever been afraid of mixing it up? The two fighters have more in common than you like to admit, I reckon.

Comment

Vitali routinely fought off the back foot, drawing opponents into his power shots. Watch the Arreola fight for proof of that.

When has Fury ever been afraid of mixing it up? The two fighters have more in common than you like to admit, I reckon.
                    Except Vitali isn't afraid to take a punch on the inside to land a bigger one, I think we both know what they have in common and what they haven't. Vitali would face anyone and was considered to face punchers by the critics claiming Wlad avoided them and left them to big brother, who can punch with the exception of Wlad whom Fury has fought, the list of who he tactically avoided is nearly as lengthily as is list of none punchers he has fought in the build up to his title shot.

Fury hasn't half the qualities I'm told he has and certainly hasn't the heart Vitali had, I reckon.

Comment

Except Vitali isn't afraid to take a punch on the inside to land a bigger one, I think we both know what they have in common and what they haven't. Vitali would face anyone and was considered to face punchers by the critics claiming Wlad avoided them and left them to big brother, who can punch with the exception of Wlad whom Fury has fought, the list of who he tactically avoided is nearly as lengthily as is list of none punchers he has fought in the build up to his title shot.

Fury hasn't half the qualities I'm told he has and certainly hasn't the heart Vitali had, I reckon.
                      Wlad fought plenty of punchers. That's a BS myth that Vitali only took on the guys who could punch. Wlad fought Haye, Peter, Brewster and Wach, all guys considered hard punchers. If anything it was Vitali who avoided the boxers. His resume really is kinda of crappy when you think of it.

I think you're underestimating Fury's heart and fighting spirit. He's more than happy to mix it up and engage in a brawl, but he's also smart enough to know when that isn't a realistic option. Fury is a quality fighter and I'm surprised you don't get behind him more, because he seems like exactly the type of fighter you'd support. Seriously, give up any prejudices you hold against him because he's here to stay, and he's not nearly as bad as you make out.

Comment

Working...
                      X