No announcement yet.

Furys power underated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furys power underated

Hes not a typical puncher but nobody walks through his punches and wlads face was bust up. I was also suprised when i saw chisora fury 2 and furys flicking jab was enough to keep chisora back and get a tko. I think people forget just how big he is and how much damage is punches do. My first thoughts of fury was hes gonna have no chance against guys like haye, joshua and wilder but i think he has enough power to get there respect and not just walk through him.

most featherfisted HW champ since Chris Byrd

with that size and he cant punch his way outta a paper bag, pathetic

He's unable to KO anyone who's not an random alley bum or a shot to **** journeyman

Comment

He didn't beat Chisora or Wlad because of his punching power. He outboxed them. I think his power is rated about right. Not feather fisted and not heavy fisted.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        He didn't beat Chisora or Wlad because of his punching power. He outboxed them. I think his power is rated about right. Not feather fisted and not heavy fisted.
        Lol no he is definitely feather fisted.. Which is sad considering his size

Comment

Originally posted by ..,Krusher,.. View Post
          Lol no he is definitely feather fisted.. Which is sad considering his size
          Just because he isn't a one-punch KO artist that doesn't make him feather fisted. There can be a middle ground.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            No. he didnt. he slapped chisora (who was pretty much journeyman status at that time) into submission. half the arena left before the fight ended.
            No doubt the fury 'tards will spin it and say it was a masterful boxing display agaisnt chisora. Just like He used Jedi mind tricks to make Klit not throw any punches

Dont mention the fact the refferee stopped the fght several times because Fury was not even throwing a proper jab.

You know youre schit when the reff is showing you how to jab

He clearly is feather fisted.
            Stopping journeymen and stopping a cruiserweight with illegal elbows while holding their head is simply not impressive.

Comment

Hes not speedy, has a glass chin and your saying he cant box and has no power. Has there ever been a heavyweight champ with these same weaknesses. It would be pretty amazing if hes got there with just strength and smarts alone. I never said he was heavyfisted, i said the power and damage he does on opponents is underated and his size contributes to his power. I think its pretty clear from the comments that his power is underated

Comment

Speak to people who have sparred him like Chambers & Verhoeven and even people who have fought him like Cunningham and they'll tell you that he can punch.

People assume he's featherfisted due to his recent fights. However, the bouts against Chisora & Hammer were Fury preparing for the Wladimir fight. He knew he couldn't stand and trade with the bigger puncher in the sport, so he concentrated on movement and didn't sit down on his punches.

Personally i think him not being a one punch KO artist has done him a bit of a favour. He's had to rely on honing his boxing skills to win fights and get him to where he today, the HW champion of the world.

Comment

i dont care about power, its more that hes a sloppy fighter overall, its just a chitty heavyweight era.

being big with stamina and low power is better than high power and poor stamina. valuev had low power for his size but someone never gassed which was great for a guy 300+ pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    No. he didnt. he slapped chisora (who was pretty much journeyman status at that time) into submission. half the arena left before the fight ended.
                    No doubt the fury 'tards will spin it and say it was a masterful boxing display agaisnt chisora. Just like He used Jedi mind tricks to make Klit not throw any punches

Dont mention the fact the refferee stopped the fght several times because Fury was not even throwing a proper jab.

You know youre schit when the reff is showing you how to jab

He clearly is feather fisted.
                    Stopping journeymen and stopping a cruiserweight with illegal elbows while holding their head is simply not impressive.
                    So who was it that cut and busted up Chisora's face during the second fight ... Don Charles in the corner?

Del Boy has never finished a fight looking like that in his entire career.

So now we have to accept that Fury is sloppy and clumsy, can't box for shit, has a glass chin and is feather fisted.

Yet, somehow, he keeps winning, and at the age of 27 is now the No1 HW in the world and a unified and lineal world champion.

Strange that innit.

Comment

Working...
                    X