No announcement yet.

Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Says something along the lines of - beating a fighter isn't proof you are better in a P4P sense. If GGG beat Mayweather in a fight that was in any way competitive, he'd still consider Mayweather the better P4P fighter because it took more for Floyd to move up that many times and be competitive in a fight than it did for GGG to take on a smaller man and win. Similarly he believes that since Pacquiao, as the former lineal flyweight champion, had to move up more times to make it to WW that what he did in winning some rounds against Floyd was more impressive in his opinion than Floyd winning against the naturally smaller fighter. Says Pacquiao being a top fighter at WW, as a former flyweight, would be like Floyd, a former SFW, being a top fighter at SMW.

I don't agree personally, but figured why not make the thread anyway since the video has like no views and the original statement from Kellerman had prompted a lot of discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmWUbGR1WQ

Its his opinion and he is entitled to it..no need to defend your personal opinion.

Comment

he is entitled to his opinion. Just doesn't seem plausible. I keep thinking HBO and ESPN pushed him to say this.

Comment

Nah, Max should just shut up.

Put his foot in his mouth and made himself look stupid. No need to try and clear it up, you work for HBO and ESPN, Enough said.

Max Kellerman - High End Casual.

Comment

Pacquiao is smaller than Mayweather, but not by much. Mayweather won the Golden Gloves at light flyweight at 16 and flyweight at 17. Pacquiao won the lineal flyweight title at 19. He's basically counting Mayweather's extensive amateur career against him.

Plus his argument doesn't make sense. Mayweather didn't beat Pacquiao based on size or power, he beat him with skill, which is the essence of pound for pound. Pacquiao pulverized Cotto at 145 lbs. and Margarito at 150 lbs. He put beatings on guys that are bigger and stronger than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
            Its his opinion and he is entitled to it..no need to defend your personal opinion.
            Max is entitled to his opinion. I forget, how many times was Floyd knocked out?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Pacquiao is smaller than Mayweather, but not by much. Mayweather won the Golden Gloves at light flyweight at 16 and flyweight at 17. Pacquiao won the lineal flyweight title at 19. He's basically counting Mayweather's extensive amateur career against him.

Plus his argument doesn't make sense. Mayweather didn't beat Pacquiao based on size or power, he beat him with skill, which is the essence of pound for pound. Pacquiao pulverized Cotto at 145 lbs. and Margarito at 150 lbs. He put beatings on guys that are bigger and stronger than Floyd.
              Yet itfo6 by a guy eproughly the same size!

Comment

The fight is ver. The dust has settled. Only bitter fan boys remain.

I love PAC for his entertaining style, Marquez for his balance and technical skills, hate Floyd for his big ****ing mouth, but his skills are beyond reproach.

I do believe Castillo1 beat Floyd, just my opinion. I don't work for HBO!

Comment

I'd say the difference would be Floyd was the best guy in every division he fought in at from 130 to 154 for some period of time. I'm not sure that is the case with Manny. Manny was a tourist or just among the best in some of those divisions. Maybe some rankings nerd can support or shoot down my stance as I'm saying it as a feeling more than something I've researched.

Can't really **** on Max's opinion doe. Agree or disagree with him, he's usually got some logic in his opinions & you can tell he actually thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

when Pacquiao was young, he used to put weight in his pockets to make weight, or even fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X