No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Pac-Bradley PPV did terrible; we lost money on the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
    I still don't understand why neither of those were picked over Bradley. Hell, even Crawford would have been more interesting. And if he turned down Broner simply because he didn't want to deal with Haymon that would be dumb. Broner has his own promotional company and is self promoted.
    Yeah I would have liked that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      I still don't understand why neither of those were picked over Bradley. Hell, even Crawford would have been more interesting. And if he turned down Broner simply because he didn't want to deal with Haymon that would be dumb. Broner has his own promotional company and is self promoted.

Haymon took a backseat, and Khans dad tried to negotiate the fight, Arum backed out at the last min.

Khan said he had agreed to all of Pacs demands

Arums hate for Haymon has made him lose his marbles

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Haymon took a backseat, and Khans dad tried to negotiate the fight, Arum backed out at the last min.

Khan said he had agreed to all of Pacs demands

Arums hate for Haymon has made him lose his marbles
        Yup. Arum is so concerned with not working with Haymon but he doesn't seem to realize that Haymon is only their adviser and doesn't have to be involved in the face to face negotiations at all. He'll simply advise his fighter if he thinks he's getting a good deal or not. So it's still all Top Rank doing all the promoting.

Comment

LoL, i predicted the fight would make around 350 and 400 upmost, i know the job doe, Arum shd hire me.

Comment

lol! BertooooooooooooooE!

Comment

Probably the least demanded trilogy ever, who the heck wanted to see a second or third?

Comment

That's what he and HBO get for trying to give us a fight that we didn't demand.

Comment

Good...feel the burn, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Should have made the Khan or Broner fights.
                    I would have loved to see PAC drop Broner! Fake ass shoulder roll azz clown!

Comment

How did it lose money if PPV alone would generate $28 mil at $70 and minimum 400k buys. Plus the gate and any overseas PPV?
                      It may not have made a ton but I doubt they lost money

If this figh lost money then the Floyd Berto debacle was worst but you don't see haymon or tmt crying about it

Comment

Working...
                      X