No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Pac-Bradley PPV did terrible; we lost money on the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    He seems a lil delusional about the results. I'm sure there are people who are anti-boxing/anti-Manny & Floyd due to the fight last May. I'm sure there are people who are upset about the gay remarks Manny made. But the first & biggest problem to me is that they were trying to sell a 3rd fight for Manny vs Tim that no one wanted to see in the first place. I'm thinking that might be the first place to lay blame. That erased most of those 800k-900k people that purchased the first & second fights.

Hell same thing with Floyd. No one gave a f#ck about seeing Floyd vs Berto. So while I'm sure last May didn't help things the opponent is the biggest problem.
    In order for a fight to do well on PPV with the casuals, the hardcore boxing fans have to like the matchup. And even real boxing fans weren't asking for a 3rd fight. I think real boxing fans set the tone and precedent for what PPV will do good and what will bomb. I remember people ordering Canelo vs Floyd not only for that fight, but arguably for the best fight on the card; Matthysse vs Garcia, and that's all the word of hardcore boxing fans. Casuals didn't have a clue who Lucas or Danny were.

Comment

Originally posted by Trayhezy View Post
      This was all about Pac having been a draw in large part because he was built as the man that Floyd was scared of.

Now that is no longer on the table, casual fans who bought that line of BS have moved on.
      No it was because he was fighting Tim Bloody Bradley for the 3rd time, the 2 previous fights were boring.

If Pac were fighting Khan, the numbers would have been good, it was an easy fight to sell to the casuals, as well as their long history.

Pac vs Thurman or Garcia would also have did better numbers

Tim Bradley is not an exciting fighter and he has no personality or fanbase

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        Sorry if it's been posted already, didn't see it on the front page.

link: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...moter-bob-arum

Bob Arum: Pacquiao-Bradley III lost money, had 'terrible' PPV numbers
        5:53 PM ET
        Dan Rafael
        ESPN Senior Writer
        Should have made the Khan or Broner fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          Sorry if it's been posted already, didn't see it on the front page.

link: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...moter-bob-arum

Bob Arum: Pacquiao-Bradley III lost money, had 'terrible' PPV numbers
          5:53 PM ET
          Dan Rafael
          ESPN Senior Writer
          I would bet the fight sold closer to 200,000 PPVs than 400,000. Arum wants to blame Mayweather/Pacquaio for the poor PPV performance. Yet, Mayweather/Berto made a profit, even though the purses in that fight were around $36 million. Pacquaio's piss poor PPV performance is Pacquaio's fault, not Mayweather's.

Comment

Bob's delusional, Bob is also completely off the Manny Milk train.

Comment

Arum's gonna be laying the guilt trip on Manny to continue fighting to make back that lost dough.

Comment

Nobody is shocked. This fight was doomed from day 1. Nobody wanted to see a third fight after Manny already won the first 2 fights convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Should have made the Khan or Broner fights.
                  I still don't understand why neither of those were picked over Bradley. Hell, even Crawford would have been more interesting. And if he (Arum) turned down Broner simply because he didn't want to deal with Haymon that would be dumb. Broner has his own promotional company and is self promoted.
                  Last edited by Nubia; 04-20-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    I would bet the fight sold closer to 200,000 PPVs than 400,000. Arum wants to blame Mayweather/Pacquaio for the poor PPV performance. Yet, Mayweather/Berto made a profit, even though the purses in that fight were around $36 million. Pacquaio's piss poor PPV performance is Pacquaio's fault, not Mayweather's.
                    Not really Pacquiao's fault. I truly believe he wanted to fight either Crawford or Broner. In fact, we already know that he wanted to fight Broner. He had his adviser Michael Koncz call up Broner directly to start negotiations. Arum was the one that shot both of these down. I believe Arum shut down the Khan talk too.

Comment

He cant be that surprised no one wanted to see this

Comment

Working...
                      X