Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List The Fighters With The Best Footwork You've Ever Seen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    It is the fact that he can hit you and turn you while getting his feet in great position..
    Well-put. And, I think this forum is at it's best when it transcends who we love/hate. Being able to recognize talent in a fighter you may not be a fan of is a classy thing.

Comment

Mayweather definitely. Ali as well.

right now I feel Lomachenko has the best footwork in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        The thread asked about a persons personal preference man..Manny is great at turning fighters and readjusting his foot position, its not just about speed. It is the fact that he can hit you and turn you while getting his feet in great position..but thats my personal list feel free to make your own man
        Right on, I was always impressed with that aspect of his footwork.

The Cotto fight was a great display. Both knockdowns he quickly circled around doing a complete 180 and landed some nice shots, and it was even more impressive during other exchanges. I really gotta rewatch that fight.. It was insane live.

listen to that crowd

Comment

Toney and marquez...

Because they step when they punch or more importantly counter punch... The dudes that don't step with their punches always come up just short on counters,,, marquez and toney always stepped with theor punches and always landed...

One of the hardest things to do in boxing is step when you punch, especially in combination and have multiple steps/punches

Comment

Ray Leonard. In and out and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Toney and marquez...

Because they step when they punch or more importantly counter punch... The dudes that don't step with their punches always come up just short on counters,,, marquez and toney always stepped with theor punches and always landed...

One of the hardest things to do in boxing is step when you punch, especially in combination and have multiple steps/punches
              Toney? Interesting.

I would argue that his footwork is average at best.

My honourable mentions would be Emile Griffith, Harold Johnson and Ezzard Charles.

Comment

Ali - There hasn't been a heavyweight before or after who could move like a young Ali.

Mayweather,Whitaker, Rigo, Jones, Guzman.

Tyson and Frazier had great footwork in terms of cutting off the ring.

Haggler in his prime had excellent footwork, being able to switch-hit effortlessly while on the move.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Toney? Interesting.

I would argue that his footwork is average at best.

My honourable mentions would be Emile Griffith, Harold Johnson and Ezzard Charles.
                  Toney doesn't have great lateral movement, he is just average in that department.. But on the inside, his footwork is amazing.. Was always able to stay close but could get angles by using small steps. Always kept his feet moving

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Toney doesn't have great lateral movement, he is just average in that department.. But on the inside, his footwork is amazing.. Was always able to stay close but could get angles by using small steps. Always kept his feet moving
                    If we're limiting his footwork to just inside work then I don't know if he should be in this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      If we're limiting his footwork to just inside work then I don't know if he should be in this discussion.
                      Thread is best footwork I have ever seen... Toney and marquez in a fire fight is the best I have seen and the hardest to do... I have seen a million guys with lateral movement, seldom do you see guys with great footwork in the heated exchanges.. Most guys use lateral and the sit down flat footed on their punches in exchanges... Toney and marquez are the only guys I witnessed with my own eyes with amazing footwork in exchanges.

Some poster on here has on his signature a gif of marquez backing upto the ropes but landing counter straight, hook, uppercut, bodyshot and laying out his opponent.. Just amazing considering he was going backwards but let fly the prettiest combination you will ever see..
                      Toney would shoulder roll the opponents right hand, take a small half step back to avoid the straight, then take a small step forward and lamd a huge counter right... Tons of guys have tried it, but they nearly always come up short because they don't step with their punches..

It's very hard to do, much harder than having lateral movement.. That's why I'm giving them a shout out in this thread.. Amazing footwork

Comment

Working...
                      X