Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    I've been among the best posters since I joined
    lolololol
    When someone states what a great forum member he is, you know he's a real winner.

I'm embarrassed that I post here so I guess that makes me one of the worst posters since I started here. I'm ok with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      There's an odd skew with Ward fights. If he gets hit AT ALL, people think he's looking terrible. Kovalev not only gets hit more, by lower level competition, but his connect rate is not as high as Andre's.
      This isn't some end boss in a video game where he touches you and you're dead. Let's get some perspective here. Not an easy fight for either guy but Ward taking less than 20% from Kovalev's mandatory isn't anything worrying. Kovalev took more shots (%) from a broken down Pasqual.
      Maybe in the first fight, but not the rematch. Kovalev destroyed Pascal the second time around without taking much punishment at all in return.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
        Just rewatched his most recent fight vs Barrera and he consistently threw wide counters to keep Barrera off of him. He was hit cleanly increasingly well throughout the fight and this could bring bad news vs Kovalev who may not be the greatest boxer, but can make fighters pay for mistakes. If Ward overcompensated for size differential vs Barrera (and didn't truly phase him with power) is this a sign that he won't hold up in deeper waters?
        About damn time people opened their eyes and realized Mr.Ward was being hit quite often by Barrera this seems to be the fanboy idea If they like someone they try to deny whatever good work his opposition did and play it down as
        "It was all on the gloves, body shots don't count"
        You know what I'm saying is true as well, Ward fans to me are easily the most brainwashed, deluded and biased fans around look at Wards face after the fight there is no way that Barrera only landed 19% of his punches he likely landed way above that and as per usual the fanboys buy into the compubias because this time it fits their agenda.

I noticed another thing in the highlights and actual fight, Ward held as much as he could but it was pretty effective with Barrera doing some good work on the inside but no word from the biased commentary on that who are trying to hype a fight between him and Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Huh? Barrera landed 19% of his punches. Ward landed 44%. Ward was the light-skinned black guy not the dark-skin one speaking Spanish.
          Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I don't know what fight you were watching but he didn't hit him clean n hard even ten times

15%

And actually watching it live n several times his defense was crisp

His timing on counters was a lil off...could tell he was trying certain punches, pivots etc
          See what I mean, exaggerated made up percentages which just aren't true.

Comment

It all depends on Ward to be honest. We know what Kovalev brings to the table.

Ward on the other hand, didn't look as good as some people on here try to convince you. He needs to be on his absolute a game in this fight, anything less and he'll hit the canvas sooner rather than later.

Comment

I think Ward should fight Fonfara first but that's just me. I wouldn't like to see him go after Kovalev first.

Comment

When Ward was set to fight Barrera, I said that he'd have ring rust. Some posters decried that prediction. He claimed on the HBO spots advertising the fight, that he and Virgil have been staying busy in the gym during his time away. After the Barrera fight, Andre admitted that time away affected him. One more fight won't be enough to prepare him for Kovalev. I expect a delay until next year.

Comment

I changed my stance after Ward/Barrera. I think Ward beats Kovalev by UD. It might be an ugly, boring fight at times but Ward's the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    See what I mean, exaggerated made up percentages which just aren't true.
                    I don't know where he got the 15% but the 19% comes straight from compubox.

Comment

This isnt the same Ward that won the middleweight tournament he had surgery plus Kovalev is bigger and stronger

Comment

Working...
                      X