No announcement yet.

I wish people would really analyze boxing... I'm worried about Ward v Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    You act as If Kovalev is this unproven fighter who has no qualities in beating elite fighters remember who the Champ at 175 .I'll tell you this Kovalev resume at 175 exceeds Wards by far
    technically the champion is stevenson regardless or who likes it or not. He beat the champion.

I never down played Kovalev, I said this fight is no worse than 60/40 for either fighter.

I pointed out both of their flaws. You may want to actually read my posts instead of assume just because you didnt see me say " Kovalev Krushes Ward" obviously i dont think much of kov, right? Wrong I like both fighters and this is the fight im waiting for.

the difference is, people picking Ward are actually explaining why and giving an assessment.

Majority of the people saying Kov do not and all they say is " he batters ward"..."he knocks him out" blah blah

how and why. Whats the strengths and weaknesses of the fighters? they dont give any assessment

Of course his resume at 175 is better than Ward's, he is a career light heavyweight

Wards overall resume is better than Kovalevs. He unified titles like Kov but also became the lineal champion one division(168) and is competing in a 3rd division(he started at middleweight)

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      I see you keep ignoring Hopkins struggling with Karo Murat a year prior.

Barrera has a KO rate of 67%, Kovalev has never fought a fighter as nearly as dangerous as that lmao. A wealth of amateur experience, he's outclassed all of his opponents, acting like he isn't a top 10 LHW lol.
      you are one sad bastard

67% against complete bums

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        The Barrera fight wasn't the performance of his career but he put in a perfectly fine performance against a reasonable opponent who was a legit LHW. It's not proof he'll beat Kovalev but I think it's progress in the right direction. It's good that Ward is planning to get in another fight because I'd like to see more of him at this weight. As far as coming into a fight with relatively few fights over the last couple years goes, his performance is up there. He handled the power well, put Barrera on the canvas, and looked pretty good defensively.
        Reasonable opponent are you on crack Barrera was so dam green no one in their dam right mind would even call him a prospect,guy is club fighter at best and even that is an insult to club fighters because they come to fight hard

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          from idiot posters like you. You probably were one to put them there....idk....all that rep and symbols on this site doesnt indicate the quality of the poster or their posts so sit your simple azz down.

You are one of the worst posters on this site and know very little about boxing. You come to troll and you roll out.

Thats cool, go find some traffic to play in scrub
          I've been among the best posters since I joined and have forgotten about more than you'll ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Hopkins struggled beating Karo Murat in '13, the same Murat that Ward wanted a tuneup against & got bashed on NSB for it lmao.

You don't go from struggling with Karo Murat to beating Ward 2 years later, especially when you're already on the decline from being in your late 40's.

Barrera is a much better W than either Hopkins or Pascal, he's better & more dangerous than anyone Kov. has fought & he was merely a tuneup for Ward.
            Hopkins struggled with Jermaine Taylor, and then years later, went on to beat Pavlik, Tarver, etc. Ward has beaten nobody but Froch. Nobody thought much of anyone in the Super Six until ward won it. Before that tourny, nobody ever made a peep about the guys at 168 unless it was to bash Joe Calzaghe for not fighting anyone at 168. They said the same thing about Joe at 168 that they say about GGG now. "There is nobody at 168, Joe should move up to prove hes great". Exit Joe, enter andre. Andre wins SS and suddenly, 168 is the deepest division in the history of boxing? lol.

And lets be serious, Barrera is ****ing garbage. Nobody had even heard of him until ward signed to fight him, and now hes better than guys who have been at the championship level for years? **** outta here.

Comment

Barrera is 34 years old and this was only his second 12 round fight. The big win on his record is a 5th round TKO of Murat (which was a questionable stoppage, IMO).
              Barrera didn't embarrass himself going the distance and he was a good opponent for Ward to test the waters at LHW. Ward fought well at times but he might benefit from a couple more fights with better opposition before Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                I've been among the best posters since I joined and have forgotten about more than you'll ever know.
                too bad you're in the minority of people who feel that way

you arent a good poster bruh

Comment

technically the champion is stevenson regardless or who likes it or not. He beat the champion.

I never down played Kovalev, I said this fight is no worse than 60/40 for either fighter.

I pointed out both of their flaws. You may want to actually read my posts instead of assume just because you didnt see me say " Kovalev Krushes Ward" obviously i dont think much of kov, right? Wrong I like both fighters and this is the fight im waiting for.

the difference is, people picking Ward are actually explaining why and giving an assessment.

Majority of the people saying Kov do not and all they say is " he batters ward"..."he knocks him out" blah blah

how and why. Whats the strengths and weaknesses of the fighters? they dont give any assessment

Of course his resume at 175 is better than Ward's, he is a career light heavyweight

Wards overall resume is better than Kovalevs. He unified titles like Kov but also became the lineal champion one division(168) and is competing in a 3rd division(he started at middleweight)
                  Kovalev is the one being written off,he did what he had to do against hopkins,win on work rate behind the jab controlling the older man without taking risks but doing enough to win the rounds ward wont be happy just to survive like hopkins did he will open up and that will be his undoing, froch landed bombs on pascal flush and pascal didnt even blink...kovalev is most likely the hardest hitting p4p fighter on the planet.youll soon see
                  I doubt even froch"cast iron chin super middle" could make it past 5 with kovalev bwcause froch would go to war
                  Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 04-21-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boba Fett View Post
                    Kovalev is the one being written off,he did what he had to do against hopkins,win on work rate behind the jab controlling the older man without taking risks but doing enough to win the rounds ward wont be happy just to survive like hopkins did he will open up and that will be his undoing, froch landed bombs on pascal flush and pascal didnt even blink...kovalev is most likely the hardest hitting p4p fighter on the planet.youll soon see
                    I doubt even froch"cast iron chin super middle" could make it past 5 with kovalev bwcause froch would go to war
                    I stopped reading there.....All you have to do is read the posts on this site and it reveals otherwise. No one is short changing Kov....we know he is a beast but since Ward isnt a ko artist people dont see him as a threat to Kov

After...that statement I read the rest and ......
                    Froch could box, bang and war when he needed too and didnt war all the time. No name Agnew made it past 6 rounds...so have other no names made it to 5 or later

He is one of the hardest hitters in the sport but he is more an accumulative type. Matthysse, Klitschko, GGG and arguably stevenson have more real ko, one punch kos anyway.

Kov doesnt just blitz you he breaks you down and takes your soul

Comment

too bad you're in the minority of people who feel that way

you arent a good poster bruh
                      You have a friends list of a grand total of 2, which is pretty indictive of what people think about you as a poster. Don't look at mine, you might cry.

Comment

Working...
                      X