No announcement yet.

I wish people would really analyze boxing... I'm worried about Ward v Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    Hopkins struggled with Jermaine Taylor, and then years later, went on to beat Pavlik, Tarver, etc. Ward has beaten nobody but Froch. Nobody thought much of anyone in the Super Six until ward won it. Before that tourny, nobody ever made a peep about the guys at 168 unless it was to bash Joe Calzaghe for not fighting anyone at 168. They said the same thing about Joe at 168 that they say about GGG now. "There is nobody at 168, Joe should move up to prove hes great". Exit Joe, enter andre. Andre wins SS and suddenly, 168 is the deepest division in the history of boxing? lol.

And lets be serious, Barrera is ****ing garbage. Nobody had even heard of him until ward signed to fight him, and now hes better than guys who have been at the championship level for years? **** outta here.
    Except kessler who was the incumbent champ and also beat froch. He also dominated lhw champ chad dawson which is pretty legit tho dawson was drained

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
      Except kessler who was the incumbent champ and also beat froch. He also dominated lhw champ chad dawson which is pretty legit tho dawson was drained
      Too bad you're forgetting one thing. When Calzaghe beat Kessler, everyone here called Kessler a bum. So how does he go from being a bum for Calzaghe to a great win for ward?

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
        Too bad you're forgetting one thing. When Calzaghe beat Kessler, everyone here called Kessler a bum. So how does he go from being a bum for Calzaghe to a great win for ward?
        I said kessler in response to your saying froch is the only name. I don't think kessler is an atg but by no means a bum. And as im sure you are aware, people's opinions on here don't pass for gospel. A great win and a solid win over a solid fighter are 2 different things. I wasn't involved in your discussion about ward v hopkins resume and i agree b hops resume is far and away better, but to say ward has fought all bums or only has fought froch is misleading.

Comment

Working...
        X