Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Pacquiao Lacks Fundamentals, Can't Cut Off Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the olden days, Pac's opponent didn't respect him, thus they didn't move as much. In recent years, you see a pattern on how his opponents approach Pac's style. They suddenly move a lot, extremely scared of getting KD'd. Bradley, for instance, stood in front of Provodnikov. Mosley was scared to death of even throwing a punch when a Pac with a sprained ankle was motioning him to. Mosley, who was bigger, with wingspan longer than TBE's preferred to run. You gotta be an idiot to expect a small man catch someone running for his life. Same thing happened in the TBE fight. This time it included excessive clinching. Only superman can catch people running for their lives.

;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Saying he has no skills, no fundamentals and no jab is a giant stretch but at the same time we already know that Pacquiao, for as great as he is, doesn't have that many dimensions and in fact that whats most astonishing about his career. Pacquiao has a decent jab at best and he isn't that good at cutting off the ring, those are things people are just gonna have to accept.
      And yet a former flyweight could move all the way up and do the the things he did. Spence is a JMW who sucked himself down to WW, lets see what happens when he moves up to JMW and then MW and fight bigger fighters, lets see if he has half the career Pac did.

Comment

• I didn't take this as trash talk. He was simply giving his honest opinion. He isn't necessarily wrong either.

Comment

• Pacquiao 100% knows how to cut off a ring. Let's be serious. He isn't great at it but he is plenty capable.

Comment

• Lol @ people getting upset. He's not claiming to be better, or calling him out. He's stated facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Is Pacquiao fighting 6-7 heavyweights?

Cutting off the ring is a technique that involves footwork. Explain how size interferes with footwork. I would love to know.

I took Fury as an hyperbolic exemple for us.

Algieri was 5 inches taller than Pacquiao wich is the same difference you have between Stiverne and Wilder for exemple.

Pacquiao is 5'5 with a 67" reach.
              Algieri is 5'10, reach 72", Errol is 5'9 with a 72" reach.

My point is, with the same reach as Algieri, Errol is supposed to have an easier time to cut off ring and put his hands on Algieri since he doesn't have to be bothered about a way longer jab.

Any comparison as a fighter between Spence and Pacquiao is ******ed since they doesn't have the same frame, style.

I would love to see how Spence cut of the ring against Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Is Pacquiao fighting 6-7 heavyweights?

Cutting off the ring is a technique that involves footwork. Explain how size interferes with footwork. I would love to know.
                Something self-explanatory has to be explained to these idiots.

;-)

Comment

• I don't see anything wrong with what Spence said. He's right. But Spence's trainer saying Pac has "no skills" is such BS. You can't be the #2 P4P fighter of your generation by having "no skills".

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    I took Fury as an hyperbolic exemple for us.

Algieri was 5 inches taller than Pacquiao wich is the same difference you have between Stiverne and Wilder for exemple.

Pacquiao is 5'5 with a 67" reach.
                    Algieri is 5'10, reach 72", Errol is 5'9 with a 72" reach.

My point is, with the same reach as Algieri, Errol is supposed to have an easier time to cut off ring and put his hands on Algieri since he doesn't have to be bothered about a way longer jab.

Any comparison as a fighter between Spence and Pacquiao is ******ed since they doesn't have the same frame, style.

I would love to see how Spence cut of the ring against Ward.

Again, It has nothing to do with Pacquiao's reach or size. Absolutely nothing. If that was the case Roberto Duran would not have been successful. Julio Cesar Chavez either. Joe Frazier against Ali. I can go all day with examples. It's a technique that focuses on movement and footwork.

You have not given one example of how Pacquiao's size prevents him from being successful with it.

Spence fighting Ward is not equivalent to Pacquiao fighting at 147. That's just another ridiculous example from you.
                    Last edited by joseph5620; 04-18-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Wtf is this fresh lil jerk up here saying an ATG legend who can do it all cant cut off the ring? What a disrespectful c*nt. I wish Pac would fight him and show why he's a legend and not Chris Algerei. Unbelievable this guy

Comment

Working...
                      X