Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Spence's performance against Algieri a double edged sword?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Spence's performance against Algieri a double edged sword?

I know it's just Algieri but I can't imagine many welterweights out there wanting to take that kind of a beating against a lesser known guy like Spence. I can't really see the more "established" WW's over at PBC wanting to take him on unless they get paid really good. I hope he doesn't have a hard time securing another high-level fight moving forward.

Thurman ducked Spence already. He even refused to fight him if he could get a Mayweather fight for doing it. Now, we know for sure that Thurman will never dare to step into the ring with Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      I know it's just Algieri but I can't imagine many welterweights out there wanting to take that kind of a beating against a lesser known guy like Spence. I can't really see the more "established" WW's over at PBC wanting to take him on unless they get paid really good. I hope he doesn't have a hard time securing another high-level fight moving forward.
      I love it. Hearn & Kell Brook have dug themselves a hole with their run of weak mandatories. Let's see fat eddie make this fight. I'll expect the usual spiel about Spence not bringing enough to the table, but that didn't stop the jojo Dan & brizier fights happening

Comment

It always is unless big money is involved. You know he is guaranteed a fight with Brook within a year any way. I can't see the other champs gifting him a shot and the other contenders will likely avoid him. It's the same story in a lot of divisions. If Brook can't get a big name then Spence is the next big fight out there so I hope he doesn't wait for the mandatory to be called and just gives him a shot if he can't unify

Comment

It might end up being, but as long as Haymon offers enough money to Thurman, Porter, Garcia, he should get a big fight.

honestly tho, if I was a fighter I would just ask for vada testing, maybe it's just the way he looks, but he has estrogen boobs (to even the ratio of testosterone) and a plastic look to his body. I hope guys don't duck him, cause he seems to be the real deal, he's smart, strong and if he's clean, it's all the better.

Comment

Thurman ducked him and as did Kell Brook I reckon he beats them all at 147 then moves up to 154 to carry on his dominance.

Comment

He's the IBF #1 contender. It's not a matter of if but when.

If they can give Wade and Bizier title shots then they can get Spence his shot.

Comment

That's where Haymon having so many welterweights under his banner is to Spence's credit. He'll make these guys fight Spence if he wants them to.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  It might end up being, but as long as Haymon offers enough money to Thurman, Porter, Garcia, he should get a big fight.

honestly tho, if I was a fighter I would just ask for vada testing, maybe it's just the way he looks, but he has estrogen boobs (to even the ratio of testosterone) and a plastic look to his body. I hope guys don't duck him, cause he seems to be the real deal, he's smart, strong and if he's clean, it's all the better.
                  Can also get that from too much creatine, just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    Thurman ducked him and as did Kell Brook I reckon he beats them all at 147 then moves up to 154 to carry on his dominance.
                    Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                    Thurman ducked Spence already. He even refused to fight him if he could get a Mayweather fight for doing it. Now, we know for sure that Thurman will never dare to step into the ring with Spence.
                    I have to disagree here.

Thurman never ducked Spence. Spence had just beat Phil Lo Greco and never even beat a top #20 fighter. Lo Greco won 1 fight in over two years and was ranked #140 or something like that. Whereas Thurman had beat several Top #10 guys. What Thurman was saying is Spence had done absolutely nothing to warrant a title shot. And rightfully so at that time.

In the wake of last night's victory, we're in a whole other league now.

Comment

Working...
                    X