Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Spence's performance against Algieri a double edged sword?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
    It might end up being, but as long as Haymon offers enough money to Thurman, Porter, Garcia, he should get a big fight.

honestly tho, if I was a fighter I would just ask for vada testing, maybe it's just the way he looks, but he has estrogen boobs (to even the ratio of testosterone) and a plastic look to his body. I hope guys don't duck him, cause he seems to be the real deal, he's smart, strong and if he's clean, it's all the better.
    yah he looks very suspicious. his body is like anthony joshua very unnatural.

Comment

Spence will get all the big fights he wants at this point.

He's willing to travel and he's willing to take a pay cut and do whatever's necessary to make the fights happen to get his foot in the door.

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
        I love it. Hearn & Kell Brook have dug themselves a hole with their run of weak mandatories. Let's see fat eddie make this fight. I'll expect the usual spiel about Spence not bringing enough to the table, but that didn't stop the jojo Dan & brizier fights happening
        Stop the nonsense, he's an IBF mandatory.... the fight will happen within a year. The only way the fight won't happen is if one of them loses or Brook drops the belt, the latter is not going to happen. Spence looks like a terrific fighter but so does Brook.

Also money on the table has no influence as it will simply go to a purse bid and Brook being the champion will get the lions share anyway. So sit tight and relax, won't be long so need to start making up your own theories and using them as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          I have to disagree here.

Thurman never ducked Spence. Spence had just beat Phil Lo Greco and never even beat a top #20 fighter. Lo Greco won 1 fight in over two years and was ranked #140 or something like that. Whereas Thurman had beat several Top #10 guys. What Thurman was saying is Spence had done absolutely nothing to warrant a title shot. And rightfully so at that time.

In the wake of last night's victory, we're in a whole other league now.
          Well you tell me what did Thurman do to earn that title that he has?

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            Stop the nonsense, he's an IBF mandatory.... the fight will happen within a year. The only way the fight won't happen is if one of them loses or Brook drops the belt, the latter is not going to happen. Spence looks like a terrific fighter but so does Brook.

Also money on the table has no influence as it will simply go to a purse bid and Brook being the champion will get the lions share anyway. So sit tight and relax, won't be long so need to start making up your own theories and using them as fact.
            Yes within a year not next lol, Kell Brook would rather fight Jo Jo Dan and Kevin Bizier ugh...
            In such a short space of time Errol has been moving through these fights at an alarming rate making decent fighters look trash and easily knocking out a guy who Khan and Pacquiao couldn't dent.

Comment

what makes him different from others pbc fighters? what makes you think that as soon as he puts his hands on a belt he won't behave the same way others do? fighting overmatched opposition? as i see it porter seems like the only one willing to fight anyone right now.

let's wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                Yes within a year not next lol, Kell Brook would rather fight Jo Jo Dan and Kevin Bizier ugh...
                In such a short space of time Errol has been moving through these fights at an alarming rate making decent fighters look trash and easily knocking out a guy who Khan and Pacquiao couldn't dent.
                Well within a year is better than what you're getting for most fights, When is GGG vs Canelo happening? exactly. The IBF have a good tack record for enforcing mandatories so we know it will happen and there will be no unfair demands or anybody pricing themselves out.

Algerie is the only decent fighter that Spence has faced, so you should keep that singular not pleural. It's going to be a fantastic fight when it goes down but in the mean time don't start making stuff up. I know as a khan fan you don't like Brook but try to keep it sensible for abit (I know your red cyclone).

Comment

Thurman ducked him and as did Kell Brook I reckon he beats them all at 147 then moves up to 154 to carry on his dominance.
                  Neither one of those guys ducked Spence.

Comment

Well you tell me what did Thurman do to earn that title that he has?
                    You tell me. You have access to the same records as me. Take your pick.

It's alot more than what Spence did at the time; which was beating Phil Lo Greco.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                      It might end up being, but as long as Haymon offers enough money to Thurman, Porter, Garcia, he should get a big fight.

honestly tho, if I was a fighter I would just ask for vada testing, maybe it's just the way he looks, but he has estrogen boobs (to even the ratio of testosterone) and a plastic look to his body. I hope guys don't duck him, cause he seems to be the real deal, he's smart, strong and if he's clean, it's all the better.
                      WTF are you talking about? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X