Sanders
    Brewster
    Byrd
    Peter
    Povetkin
    Fury
    Haye

No way wilder makes it thru all those guys without taking an L or 2
    -Sanders has a puncher's chance but was chinny as hell, Wilder's power/reflexes are too much for him.

-Brewster is an easy win
    -Byrd is another win
    -06' Peter got schooled by James Toney, easy W
    -Tubby-soft Povetkin gets destroyed, he's gotten in much better shape since that fight.
    -Fury-Wilder, close fight but I can't see Fury avoiding exchanges which will favor Wilder.
    -Younger Haye struggled against large fighters, it took him time to adapt to HW, hence the reason why he nearly drew with Valuev.

The only guy I can really see him losing to is Fury if Fury manages to avoid his punches for 12 full rounds, however I don't think he'll be gun shy like Wlad.

Comment

Are you seriously suggesting that Wilder beats Lewis???

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        You think that Wilder would beat Haye from 4 years ago or Sam peter from 2005? If Peter landed on Wilder flush, it wouldn't end well.....I'll just say that. I think a prime Thompson gives Wilder a run for his money as well.

Your title kind of makes it sound like you could be talking about both Klitschkos and if that were the case, I'd pick Lewis over Wilder any day of the week.
        Plenty of guys would give Wilder problems and probably or potentially beat him.

Peter, Brock, Chambers, Haye, Jennings, Povetkin, Sanders, Fury, Thompson, Pulev would all be good match-ups for Wilder (the time they fought Klitschko). He'd beat some, but also lose some.

Is OP talking about both Klitschkos? Because that would be absolutely ridiculous to suggest.
        Last edited by LacedUp; 04-15-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry but Corrie X Sanders absolutely annihilates Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            -Sanders has a puncher's chance but was chinny as hell, Wilder's power/reflexes are too much for him.

-Brewster is an easy win
            -Byrd is another win
            -06' Peter got schooled by James Toney, easy W
            -Tubby-soft Povetkin gets destroyed, he's gotten in much better shape since that fight.
            -Fury-Wilder, close fight but I can't see Fury avoiding exchanges which will favor Wilder.
            -Younger Haye struggled against large fighters, it took him time to adapt to HW, hence the reason why he nearly drew with Valuev.

The only guy I can really see him losing to is Fury if Fury manages to avoid his punches for 12 full rounds, however I don't think he'll be gun shy like Wlad.
            I don't really think the Valuev/Wilder comparison has any place here. Two extremely different types of fighters, as well as the size difference is massive.

Wilder is 220, Valuev is like 350 + we've seen that Haye more than held his own in sparring vs Wilder, and that was when his prime had left him. No doubt in my mind that Haye would beat Wilder, even now.

Just look at how absolutely terrible Wilder looked in his last fight. I mean, when has he ever proved he could hang with top guys? He hasn't at all.

Klitschko himself would also beat Wilder, even now. But of course, Wilder was in no rush to make that fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              hell no
              theres no way in hell he would have beaten Hasim Rahman
              He knocked out Lennox lewis for gods sake
              Bad example, Rahman was shot by the time he fought Klitschko. It had been 7 years since he was ko'd by Lewis. He had also been beaten by John Ruiz and Holyfield and ko'd by Maskaev years before they dug him up as a Klitschko opponent. Wlad faced several better examples than Rahman, at least that faded version.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                You think that Wilder would beat Haye from 4 years ago or Sam peter from 2005? If Peter landed on Wilder flush, it wouldn't end well.....I'll just say that. I think a prime Thompson gives Wilder a run for his money as well.

Your title kind of makes it sound like you could be talking about both Klitschkos and if that were the case, I'd pick Lewis over Wilder any day of the week.
                I am saying both Klitschko's

And wilder KO'd that version of Lewis. Wilder has more power than vitality and would ko that lewis after a 5 round war

Prime lewis and wilder is a closer fight

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  I am saying both Klitschko's

And wilder KO'd that version of Lewis. Wilder has more power than vitality and would ko that lewis after a 5 round war

Prime lewis and wilder is a closer fight

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I don't really think the Valuev/Wilder comparison has any place here. Two extremely different types of fighters, as well as the size difference is massive.

Wilder is 220, Valuev is like 350 + we've seen that Haye more than held his own in sparring vs Wilder, and that was when his prime had left him. No doubt in my mind that Haye would beat Wilder, even now.

Just look at how absolutely terrible Wilder looked in his last fight. I mean, when has he ever proved he could hang with top guys? He hasn't at all.

Klitschko himself would also beat Wilder, even now. But of course, Wilder was in no rush to make that fight happen.

Wilder is only 3 inches shorter than Valuev, Wilder beats him in every department, power, speed, reflexes. It's the combo of height/power that gives Haye so much trouble. Valuev is on par with guys like Ruiz & Holyfield, Holyfield should even have a W over him.

Haye has to punch upwards, he's barely 6'1 or so not 6'3, it takes away a ton of his power and makes his offense predictable. That's why he fought so timid against Wlad/Valuev, he struggles to land against taller fighters, he can't afford to take repeated flush shots.

Your'e talking about a sparring session that took place years ago, Wilder has progressed a lot since then.

Szpilka got KTFO, and it's not like he's bad either, he's easily top 10. He's a very mobile southpaw, styles make fights and it threw Wilder off for a bit until he dropped a bomb on his chin. Szpilka was moving at a pace he couldn't keep up, he eventually slowed down.

-Szpilka was a top 10 HW when Wilder fought him
                    -Stiverne was a top 5 HW
                    -Scott is a top 15 HW
                    Molina & Duahapaus (Both top 20) had big wins recently too.

If anything Wilder's resume is underrated.

Comment

Wlad has always been overrated in a terrible era for HW boxing. He's credited for having a strong jab and monster right hand but that's all he's known for doing. That and clinching of course. He has lost to some very mediocre fighters. Wilder beats everyone on his resume easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X