Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should There Be a Mayweather-Pacquiao Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    And no I don't think there should be a rematch. Would I watch? Of course. But truth be told that pathetic fight from both of those f**kers did a lot of damage to the reputation of the sport -- if that could even be possible. People want to forget that ****. As a fan of boxing I was embarrassed. A motherf**king light spar session for $100 bucks with the whole damn world watching.

Another showing like that, even on an inevitably smaller stage than the first one -- still makes me shudder at the thought. Because it'll still be a big stage.
    I feel you big guy.

Comment

Can Pacquiao stop Mayweather from controlling distance and turning him? Not now, not ever and that is why the fight was uneventful. Mayweather has shown a history of looking for some get back when adversity struck, changing his approach against Judah, proceeding to beat the crap out of Corley when he got hurt, pressing forward against Mosley in the same round, in fact people ignore the fact that in Pacquiao's best rounds 4 and 6, Mayweather finished strongly. It's just that, as I said initially, Mayweather never needed to change much of anything because Pacquiao can't stop him from maintaining distance and turning him.

People need to accept that fact and let it go, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        What does it prove?

1. Both are old
        2. None of them are competing for the sport
        3. It has no impact on any of the rankings
        4. Both are millionaires set for life
        5. Both are past prime
        6. Both have adapted their style to suit their age
        7. They both have a ton of wear and tear on their bodies
        8. Neither guy has scored a legitimate KO since 2009 (Pac over Cotto)

So it's not going to be an exciting fight, it's not going to be a relevant fight, it's basically a cash grab that once again takes advantage of boxing's casual fanbase that only cares about names.

These casual fans are going to buy into this fight, it will be even more boring and boxing will be the butt of all jokes once again.

So my answer is, no there shouldn't be a rematch. Resources need to be used to build fights like Postol/Crawford, Garcia/Thurman, Wilder and Joshua/Fury, Kovalev/Ward, GGG/Canelo, etc. before UFC wipes boxing off the map which seems more and more like a reality as these fights aren't getting done.

And a non title fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I still think that **** is funny how a lot of Floyd fans think back on that fight like it was some sort of ass whooping. It was a f**king light sparring session. I mean damn Manny didn't even leave the damn ring with a scratch on him. Both dudes landed a career low in punches.

It was like a football game that ended with a 9-3 score and was all field goals. Do people even know what a dismantling is anymore? I'll give any of you that Floyd won, obviously, but it's not like he walked him down and whooped his ass. He just danced better like he always does and landed a few more whoopty-f**king-doo jabs per round. En route to a UD where both fighters left looking like they just got out of the gym after a light sparring session. Barely even sweating. Can anybody even remember a single memorable moment from the fight from Floyd?

That's not a dismantling. Or what did that one dude say earlier? That he clapped Manny? Lmao come on now. Both dudes were weak in that pitiful fight. One way just less weak.
          Pac came in as the whirlwind force, the man to dethrone Floyd, had the speed, punches from all angles, dizzying footwork, power, southpaw, and floyd took all that away and made Pac doubt himself, had him punching at air, and at times running from Floyd. In the end Pac made excuses for the loss. Floyd picked everything that was Pac apart.....dismantled him.

And yes that moment in round 11 i think ti was were Pac threw something around 8 or more punches and landed none only for Floyd to pop out and throw 1 punch that landed. That was a thing of beauty to see

Comment

I voted yes although I don't see how two retired boxers can fight. Mayweather would probably win but he is not so superior to Pacquiao that it is a sure thing that he wins. Pacquiao won a few rounds last time so if he can win a couple more rounds in the rematch he could win. He looked good against Bradley. If the two boxers want to make hundreds of millions fighting again why not. Nobody has to buy the fight. I never do. I just wait a week and watch for free on HBO. I don't think Mayweather wants to fight again. He has repeatedly said he is permanently retired and I have no reason not to believe him.

Comment

Idk but I'd still watch it

Comment

I get it. Some of you saw the fight last weekend and wished it was Mayweather in there getting knocked down twice. The thing is it wasn't Mayweather... Not even close. A rematch wouldn't be different from the first fight.

Comment

The Pac that had a real shot to beat Floyd is gone

That was the volume punching tornado that didn't mind walking through shots and counters to fire off a 10 shot flurry

That Manny was leaving with age anyway, but was 100% gone after the Marquez KO

Manny this past Saturday didn't show anything to suggest that he'd do anything differently against Floyd. He was still tentative and cautious. Still good enough to be beat a prime Bradley, which is impressive in itself, but obviously Bradley isn't Floyd

Comment

Mayweather will beat Pacquiao again not because of skills but because of physical attributes....in the entire fight pac contested and consistently tried to counter and initiate nearly all of the fight sequences.....both have seen everything so it's hard to put something over the other...mayweather will just pot shot due to his long arms and near-equal speed with pacquiao to keep the fight at a distance. PERIOD....

DON'T BUY THIS PPV...you will only get disappointed. Mayweather will NEVER trade blows with pacquiao..NEVER...this is a pipe dream.

Comment

The 2 best fighters of the last 10 plus yrs will always get a yes vote from me.

Comment

Working...
                      X