Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
    I agree with this, it is not just about who you face but the way you defeat your opponents. Compared to Joseph Parker Hughie Fury has looked decidedly pedestrian thus far.
    I'm a big Tyson Fury fan but I just can't get behind Hughie. I certainly can't see him on the same level as AJ or Parker, who both look a cut above in terms of potential if not in resume. Hughie might sneak under the radar and become a world class fighter one day, but it's hard to see him becoming the next dominant champion. He just doesn't seem to have that it factor.

It's still early days though.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
      Haha, no way are LacedUp & Beyonce still arguing about Povetkin-Takam lol
      Not anymore. He's licked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
        Not anymore. He's licked.
        You would like to lick me wouldn't you?

In your dreams you could school me in anything related to boxing, but there comes a time when I get tired of getting the repetitive answer from some bum.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          You would like to lick me wouldn't you?

In your dreams you could school me in anything related to boxing, but there comes a time when I get tired of getting the repetitive answer from some bum.
          In other words, you're conceding the argument because you haven't got a leg to stand on.

When literally no one in your own thread agrees with you you know you've made a shit point. Your own posts are repetitive as hell and speak of a poster with no true debating ability. You've been thoroughly outclassed and put down for the count. Your protestations make the faintest noise and fall on uniformly deaf ears.

Comment

In other words, you're conceding the argument because you haven't got a leg to stand on.

When literally no one in your own thread agrees with you you know you've made a shit point. Your own posts are repetitive as hell and speak of a poster with no true debating ability. You've been thoroughly outclassed and put down for the count. Your protestations make the faintest noise and fall on uniformly deaf ears.
            My posts are reptitive? I'm the only one who broke down what happened in the fight. Haha.

All of the rest of you bums are going: "duh it was a war. herb de durp" But no one has pointed out where this war took place.

So yeah, until then. I'm waiting.

Comment

My posts are reptitive? I'm the only one who broke down what happened in the fight. Haha.

All of the rest of you bums are going: "duh it was a war. herb de durp" But no one has pointed out where this war took place.

So yeah, until then. I'm waiting.
              Firstly, I already stated I didn't say it was a war. I said it was a competitive matchup with a relatively large amount of action. Secondly, even though I did so, I don't need to point out what happened in the fight since the HL vid clearly did it for me. If you can't see the amount of in-fighting, bodywork and grinding that took place in that fight then I can only conclude that you're either blind or stupid.

Here's the vid again. Tell me where Takam isn't engaging with Povetkin or trying to take the fight to him, since according to you he did neither of these things.

Comment

Firstly, I already stated I didn't say it was a war. I said it was a competitive matchup with a relatively large amount of action. Secondly, even though I did so, I don't need to point out what happened in the fight since the HL vid clearly did it for me. If you can't see the amount of in-fighting, bodywork and grinding that took place in that fight then I can only conclude that you're either blind or stupid.

Here's the vid again. Tell me where Takam isn't engaging with Povetkin or trying to take the fight to him, since according to you he did neither of these things.

Notice that the first highlight came in late round 3. That's 30% of the fight gone by the time the first highlight came. What was the highlight, Takam shooting a jab, Povetkin coming in with ineffective punches.

Next highlight - End of round 4. Exactly the same with Takam behind the shoulderroll. After they stand in the pocket for 15 seconds landing nothing solid. 40% of the fight gone.

Next highlight - Standing in the middle of the ring during round 5, throwing solid shots for 15 seconds. No one lands anything significant, Povetkin the agressor, takam shows good defense. End of round 5 we see some good action for the first time. 50% of the fight gone.

Next highlight - Middle of round 6. Takam behind the shoulderroll looking for a counter, Povetkin swinging and missing. Then some ok action for some 15 seconds. 60% of the fight gone.

Up until this point 60% of the fight gone, there's been short snippets of in-the-pocket fighting. 15 seconds (max) of each a few rounds. We are two minutes into the video - But 18 minutes of action has been fought.

the whole of rounds 7 in this highlight reel was 5 seconds long.

That's 70% of the fight gone - And exactly as I said, they both loosened up, a little tired and started landing some punches before the finish.

No one in their right mind is going to tell me that a supposed block-buster of a fight for 7 rounds can be boiled down to a few insignificant punches on a 1 minute 30 reel of actual fight time.

As I said, GTFO with that crap. For the vast majority of the fight, not a lot happened. And that is a simple fact. Your embarrassing highlight reel proves nothing other than exactly what I said went down.

Comment

Notice that the first highlight came in late round 3. That's 30% of the fight gone by the time the first highlight came. What was the highlight, Takam shooting a jab, Povetkin coming in with ineffective punches.

Next highlight - End of round 4. Exactly the same with Takam behind the shoulderroll. After they stand in the pocket for 15 seconds landing nothing solid. 40% of the fight gone.

Next highlight - Standing in the middle of the ring during round 5, throwing solid shots for 15 seconds. No one lands anything significant, Povetkin the agressor, takam shows good defense. End of round 5 we see some good action for the first time. 50% of the fight gone.

Next highlight - Middle of round 6. Takam behind the shoulderroll looking for a counter, Povetkin swinging and missing. Then some ok action for some 15 seconds. 60% of the fight gone.

Up until this point 60% of the fight gone, there's been short snippets of in-the-pocket fighting. 15 seconds (max) of each a few rounds. We are two minutes into the video - But 18 minutes of action has been fought.

the whole of rounds 7 in this highlight reel was 5 seconds long.

That's 70% of the fight gone - And exactly as I said, they both loosened up, a little tired and started landing some punches before the finish.

No one in their right mind is going to tell me that a supposed block-buster of a fight for 7 rounds can be boiled down to a few insignificant punches on a 1 minute 30 reel of actual fight time.

As I said, GTFO with that crap. For the vast majority of the fight, not a lot happened. And that is a simple fact. Your embarrassing highlight reel proves nothing other than exactly what I said went down.
                  1 minute 30 HL reel? Are you fckuing ******ed? The vid goes on for a solid three minutes, minus the introductions and slowmos. Find me a HL vid that contains non-stop action for a significantly longer period than that. Aside from Monshipour vs Sithchatchawal, and random bum fights where neither guy knows how to pace themselves, you'd have a hard time coming up with any fight where the pertinent action exceeds a fraction of the actual in-ring combat.

You'd certainly never be able to find a cagey fight over more than six rounds where the action exceed ten percent of the HL reel combat. That's what you're painting the fight as so prove it. Otherwise, STFU.
                  Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 04-24-2016, 09:05 AM.

Comment

1 minute 30 HL reel? Are you fckuing ******ed? The vid goes on for a solid three minutes, minus the introductions and slowmos. Find me a HL vid that contains non-stop action for a significantly longer period than that. Aside from Monshipour vs Sithchatchawal, and random bum fights where neither guy knows how to pace themselves, you'd have a hard time coming up with any fight where the pertinent action exceeds a fraction of the actual in-ring combat.

You'd certainly never be able to find a cagey fight over more than six rounds where the action exceed ten percent of the HL reel combat. That's what you're painting the fight as so prove it. Otherwise, STFU.
                    Obviously you're too slow to understand that I meant after introductions and up to end of the 7th round of highlights

Comment

• jesus christ.

Comment

Working...
                      X