Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Yes they can. They'd seen me school a bunch of kids in boxing.

What was amusing is that you said Parker had fought "far better" opposition than Hughie, yet didn't wan to discuss why. Called you out on it and got a bunch of green k for my trouble.

Then you try to tell me Povetkin vs Takam was an all out war What a joke.
    Haha like i said, just arguing for the sake of arguing. You seem to be a bit dim, '' means quoting you know? i never said that, but don't let that get in the way of your continuing clap trap rubbish that you insist on posting.

'I got green k on my thread mum it got loads of pages now r u proud of me '
    I apologise if you really do have downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Haha like i said, just arguing for the sake of arguing. You seem to be a bit dim, '' means quoting you know? i never said that, but don't let that get in the way of your continuing clap trap rubbish that you insist on posting.

'I got green k on my thread mum it got loads of pages now r u proud of me '
      I apologise if you really do have downs.
      Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Parker has clearly fought better opposition
      take away rudenko and all the rest of them had 10+ losses.
      Not too far off.

Comment

Then why exactly do you keep responding to every post I make? Still butthurt like a little biatch that Fury did your loverboy with ease? I guess that's where it stems from .

It would definitely be the best on Hughie and Parker's resume. As I have said all along.

I'm not sure i agree that a 35 year old takam is better than Whyte or Martin. That's just my opinion. I think they are similar sort of level and if either man fought Takam I wouldn't be surprised if they won at all.
        Whyte and Martin are no where near the level of Takam, not even close. Are we retuning this to try amplify and distort the record of Joshua to make his record look more impressive ?

Joshua has wins over some solid opponents, Whyte, Martin the Cornish guy but that's all they are solid wins, Takam is a proven contender on the world level, are you aware of his fights versus Perez, Thompson as well as the Povetkin fight where he was never really thoroughly outclassed by Sascha.

I sense if Takam was British you'd be all over him, trying to point him out as a solid contender on world level. That really is not too far from the truth, he has some convincing displays against some solid opposition, more so than anything Hughie and Martin ever achieved so far.

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        He has more power than Fury, the boxing press fall in love with guys that can punch.
        Young Lacey falls in love with Brits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Whyte and Martin are no where near the level of Takam, not even close. Are we retuning this to try amplify and distort the record of Joshua to make his record look more impressive ?

Joshua has wins over some solid opponents, Whyte, Martin the Cornish guy but that's all they are solid wins, Takam is a proven contender on the world level, are you aware of his fights versus Perez, Thompson as well as the Povetkin fight where he was never really thoroughly outclassed by Sascha.

I sense if Takam was British you'd be all over him, trying to point him out as a solid contender on world level. That really is not too far from the truth, he has some convincing displays against some solid opposition, more so than anything Hughie and Martin ever achieved so far.

Young Lacey falls in love with Brits.
          You seem to have something against brits for whatever reason, that's cool. Did you get molested by a brit as a child? It sounds like your anus was penetrated well and truly by one of us.

Comment

You seem to have something against brits for whatever reason, that's cool. Did you get molested by a brit as a child? It sounds like your anus was penetrated well and truly by one of us.
            Typical response from you. You do not like what you're reading so you skip three quarters of a post, in this case in fact all of it !

You could be a politician, just not a very good one. Your game is lame.

I like many Brit boxers, was a huge Burns fan, current favourites would be the Yorkshiremen Warrington and Brook and the other northern fellow Calum Smith. Never been particularly fond of Fury but I see a lot of potential in his cousin, he appears to have the brains to reign over a lengthily period should he be able to acquire a belt in what I consider an healthy an competitive division.

I'm no doubt overlooking a few, Selby looks good I was rooting for Theophane a few weeks ago then again who wasnt apart from the Yusuf Mack's of the forum.

Comment

If it's irrelevant then why did you bring it up?
              It's irrelevant in supporting your case that the fight was cagey. Of course cagey fights can be close. So can any fight. This fight was close and competitive, with a relatively high workrate from both fighters. You're the only one in this thread arguing to the contrary.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              It wasn't fought at a particularly high pace. that's crap.
              No, what's crap is the fact that you insist on calling the fight 'cagey' against all evidence to the contrary (and literally no one in this thread backing you up on your ludicrous assessment).

Both fighters did not press the action no.
              Both fighters did press the action, as anyone with eyes could see. Go back and watch the fight without your blinkers on and you'd see that. Failing that, look at the HL I posted again, and notice the amount of times they engaged in in-fighting, which is literally impossible unless both fighters are initiating action at the same time.

And I'm not painting Takam as Kevin Johnson.
              You're claiming that all Takam did during the fight was flick out a jab for ten rounds and fight behind a shoulder guard while throwing the odd counter. That's Kevin Johnson in a nutshell, and is far from an accurate assessment of how he actually fought.

Comment

I'm sure your scope of horizon for cagey affairs could extend beyond crappy Wladimir Klitschko fights.
                What's wrong with listing Wlad's fights? He's the epitome of a cagey fighter, so his fights are a perfect example of such.

Comment

• I'm not sure what the argument here really is/ Takam is afar better opponent than anyone Joshua has fought so far and that includes Martin.

Takam is a very very solid test for a fighter as green as Parker and should he beat him, and beat him well, I'd say it would be fair to move Parker into genuine contender status.

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
                    I'm not sure what the argument here really is/ Takam is afar better opponent than anyone Joshua has fought so far and that includes Martin.

Takam is a very very solid test for a fighter as green as Parker and should he beat him, and beat him well, I'd say it would be fair to move Parker into genuine contender status.
                    I'm honestly not sure either. Takam's one of the most proven fighters in the division, and a win over him is extremely impressive for anyone outside the very upper echelons of the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                      It's irrelevant in supporting your case that the fight was cagey. Of course cagey fights can be close. So can any fight. This fight was close and competitive, with a relatively high workrate from both fighters. You're the only one in this thread arguing to the contrary.

No, what's crap is the fact that you insist on calling the fight 'cagey' against all evidence to the contrary (and literally no one in this thread backing you up on your ludicrous assessment).

Both fighters did press the action, as anyone with eyes could see. Go back and watch the fight without your blinkers on and you'd see that. Failing that, look at the HL I posted again, and notice the amount of times they engaged in in-fighting, which is literally impossible unless both fighters are initiating action at the same time.

You're claiming that all Takam did during the fight was flick out a jab for ten rounds and fight behind a shoulder guard while throwing the odd counter. That's Kevin Johnson in a nutshell, and is far from an accurate assessment of how he actually fought.
                      There is absolutely no evidence. You gave me a 2 minute clip of a 30 minute fight.

The whole fight has been posted here and as I said, Takam mainly fought on the back foot behind the shoulder roll in a cagey affair.

I don't need to watch it again. Already did and it completely confirmed my first viewing. It's not my fault if you don't understand it.

Comment

Working...
                      X