Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not - Mayweather-Pacquiao II is Back on The Radar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Link: http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/izen...against_a.html

A piece of the article:

By: JERRY IZENBERG

Roach: "Look, if he means it about retiring, then more power to him, He's earned it. But if he changes his mind after what I saw tonight, yes, I would encourage him and I would not hesitate to train him again.

"When I see Manny Pacquiao like that, this is the best Manny Pacquiao. He hasn't missed a beat. I would like to see him fight again."

And there are big fights out there for him. Canelo Alvarez and Amir Kahn would draw big numbers. And then, of course, anybody who understands boxing knows that when Pacquiao tore his shoulder before and during the Mayweather fight, nothing — absolutely nothing — was truly settled on that night.

Mayweather UD12 Pacquiao

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      By Lyle Fitzsimmons - A week ago, the mere mention of Money-Pacman II drew held noses.

A week later, it's drawing desirous sighs.

Though both nicknamed combatants from last May's windfall/snoozer have said they plan now to focus on other things, it's difficult to imagine the drumbeat not getting louder for an encore in the immediate aftermath of Manny Pacquiao's return to top-level competitive relevance on Saturday night.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      ACCORDING To WHO!!!!!!!

Mayweather will only fight Broner and Broner is gonna whoop his ass

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Did you just quote Lampley ?

Lampley will repeat whatever spin Arum tells him.

The ONLY facts on the table are..... Pac exhibited no sign of injury WHATSOEVER during that fight..... he never mentioned it once to his corner..... his corner did not work on the injury AT ALL..... Pac did not stop throwing his right hand..... Pac did not stop throwing his right hand with intent..... the injury was NOT mentioned at all during the after-fight interview..... the supposed injury/rehab did not interfere with Pac's love for basketball

Believe what you like, but I aint buying it.

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
        You make some very compelling points, but I like Manny too much to concede. Sorry.

That is NOT good enough, and NO reason to ignore facts.

One other fact I forgot to mention is..... Bob Arum is a compulsive liar, and master-manipulator, who simply cannot be trusted..... that camp has told a LOT of porkies in the past, and nothing about this supposed injury rings true.

An debilitating injury like that would be obvious, and yet not one person suspected that was the case until Arum made that statement at the press conference.

I am positive that excuse was bull****..... Pac likely got an arthroscope on an older problem like some reports suggested, nothing uncommon about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RED REP View Post
          Mayweather UD12 Pacquiao
          If you really think so, then get Floyd in the ring with a healthy Pac. Coz nothing was concluded that night.

Comment

• Floyd sat at home s******ing that he can take at least 70/30 from a rematch and easily beat Pac again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              I still get young j poon... Not as much as I used to... But I still hit homers..

PAC lost... It is an ugly PED game..
              Good for you ...

I guess you know the language? I may be stopping there for a few days in December. Either before or after going to the Phils ..... and no I'm not from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                The issue that I have is that you have been trying to find a loophole but all we are discussing is something called dehydration that most people should already know about yet you are hiding behind a doctor's note.

If you can make that kind of comment on Manny's rotator cuff injury which is way more complicated, then you should be able to get that (dehydration) with all the information that we do have for Floyd, he was nowhere close to extremely dehydrated. Right? So why are you not commenting the same way for Floyd as you just did for Manny?

For Manny, there is a real well known doctor who has been interviewed and stated that the tear was significant enough to warrant surgery and that is actually what happened. While Floyd critics thought he would come back and fight soon after, Manny only fought a year later.

Floyd used the same reason for his poor performance against Castillo. His team still brings it up years later. Floyd was ready months after that fight to fight Castillo 2!

"OR" - Sorry but you first have to understand what acute and chronic mean. If something happens all of a sudden just before a fight then that is acute not chronic ....

....... but we can discuss all this in those other threads .... np
                Let's see. On the one hand we are discussing dehydration and other medical conditions that take place inside the body.

On the other hand, we are talking about an injury that is so significant that it would cause extreme pain and make the athlete unlikely use their arm much without being in extreme pain.

Case in point...Mayweather complained about his shoulder clearly, even turned south paw. What's your excuse for Manny now?

You are the one that said doctors are often paid off and lie all of the time. That only applies if you are Mayweather, I suppose? I'd love to see the proof from this doctor of Manny's, like an MRI. Until then, it is common sense that something doesn't add up, and you know it. A severely torn rotator cuff that was bleeding, yet no sign of it until having a chance to consult with Bob Arum. Give me a break.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  That means the initial tear you dope. Tearing a rotator cuff usually requires a lot of force and a bad angle, like falling on your extended arm. A healthy individual doesn't just acutely tear their rotator cuff with a punch unless they've had an underlying degenerative condition already.

Pacquiao's injury came in 2009. That was his acute tear. It has been a nagging(chronic) issue for him ever since then that he has kept from getting too bad I'd wager with the time off in-between bouts. But if you want to call another, "acute on chronic" tear, it'd be the colliding shoulders in sparring. Another to a lesser degree would be in the 4th, where he visibly stumbles after an awkward right to the body and backs off. By the 6th it's chronic, he's expecting and supressing the pain and way high on adrenaline.
                  BULL****. First of all, explain this:

Pacquiao said: “We wanted a shot for numbing the shoulder but we respect the decision of the Commission it was getting better and better but was still not 100 per cent.
                  http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...eather-5628491

Then he said this:

Pacquiao said, “No, I don’t have pain or injury before the fight. I just want to make sure that whatever happened, I’m still there. I’m not saying I’m not 100 percent condition.”
                  http://www.newsday.com/sports/boxing...ght-1.11350596

So which was it? He is caught blatantly lying about it.

Second, your argument is that it was severely torn before the fight? That would be idiotic. Or, are you saying he tore it more during the fight? Either way, for a rotator cuff to be "severely torn" to the point that it's bleeding, why the hell didn't he show any pain or stop using it? Please tell me that. Adrenaline took him throughout the entire fight without any sign of pain? BULL**** and you know it. Get out of here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    If you really think so, then get Floyd in the ring with a healthy Pac. Coz nothing was concluded that night.

Nah.....

..... a few things got concluded

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      Let's see. On the one hand we are discussing dehydration and other medical conditions that take place inside the body.

On the other hand, we are talking about an injury that is so significant that it would cause extreme pain and make the athlete unlikely use their arm much without being in extreme pain.

Case in point...Mayweather complained about his shoulder clearly, even turned south paw. What's your excuse for Manny now?

You are the one that said doctors are often paid off and lie all of the time. That only applies if you are Mayweather, I suppose? I'd love to see the proof from this doctor of Manny's, like an MRI. Until then, it is common sense that something doesn't add up, and you know it. A severely torn rotator cuff that was bleeding, yet no sign of it until having a chance to consult with Bob Arum. Give me a break.
                      Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      BULL****. First of all, explain this:

Pacquiao said: “We wanted a shot for numbing the shoulder but we respect the decision of the Commission it was getting better and better but was still not 100 per cent.
                      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...eather-5628491

Then he said this:

Pacquiao said, “No, I don’t have pain or injury before the fight. I just want to make sure that whatever happened, I’m still there. I’m not saying I’m not 100 percent condition.”
                      http://www.newsday.com/sports/boxing...ght-1.11350596

So which was it? He is caught blatantly lying about it.

Second, your argument is that it was severely torn before the fight? That would be idiotic. Or, are you saying he tore it more during the fight? Either way, for a rotator cuff to be "severely torn" to the point that it's bleeding, why the hell didn't he show any pain or stop using it? Please tell me that. Adrenaline took him throughout the entire fight without any sign of pain? BULL**** and you know it. Get out of here.

the bold.....

Comment

Working...
                      X