Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Fury-Joshua Possible in November, Joshua-Haye in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Fury-Joshua Possible in November, Joshua-Haye in 2017

This past Saturday night, Anthony Joshua landed the IBF World Heavyweight title with a rapid fast second round KO win over Charles Martin at The O2, live on Sky Sports Box Office. In front of a sold-out crowd at fever pitch in Greenwich, Joshua began with his trademark blistering speed and power in the opening round, rocking the unbeaten champion with solid shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

that's because Hearn knows that Haye's fast hands would knock Joshua dead

Comment

If Hearn puts Joshua in with Haye or Fury before the end of the year I will be shocked! I think a couple of easy defences and then the mandatory is more likely. Do you really think they are going to talk about fight deals with American broadcasters, building the AJ brand then straight away put him in a fight with Fury or Haye which he will lose?????

Comment

I don't think Fury will fight again this year and AJ will certainly not be fighting Fury, Haye or Wilder until the end of next year (at the earliest).

In fact, AJs already in talks for a mando come September.

Btw, I don't think Haye is as quick as he once was. Plus, with the added weight, he definitely moves around the ring a lot slower.

Comment

None of these fights will happen until next summer. Hearn is chatting nonsense.

Both of these fights are stadium fights in the UK, Once august comes around, all the stadiums will be back in use for the football season, Wembley is a possibility of course but stadium fights would need to happen in the summer, they're not exactly going to hold a boxing fight on a freezing November night in Wembley. And there's no way they're going to settle for an indoor event of 20,000 when they can do 80,000 in a stadium. The only way i could see them making Joshua v Haye/Fury in an indoor arena is if they do a Manny v Floyd and have ridiculous ticket prices to make up for the smaller audience, and be safe in the knowledge that PPV would go through the roof though anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            None of these fights will happen until next summer. Hearn is chatting nonsense.

Both of these fights are stadium fights in the UK, Once august comes around, all the stadiums will be back in use for the football season, Wembley is a possibility of course but stadium fights would need to happen in the summer, they're not exactly going to hold a boxing fight on a freezing November night in Wembley. And there's no way they're going to settle for an indoor event of 20,000 when they can do 80,000 in a stadium. The only way i could see them making Joshua v Haye/Fury in an indoor arena is if they do a Manny v Floyd and have ridiculous ticket prices to make up for the smaller audience, and be safe in the knowledge that PPV would go through the roof though anyway.

He specifically mentioned the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff in his interview with Kugan, which can easily fit 80,000 plus and has a roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
              He specifically mentioned the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff in his interview with Kugan, which can easily fit 80,000 plus and has a roof.
              Ahh, didn't think of that. That would be the most realistic option then.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                that's because Hearn knows that Haye's fast hands would knock Joshua dead
                What make you so sure? I am the first to call AJ one dimensional and a walking and breathing hype job and I don't think Haye gets by him right now, if he does its on points, Haye uses to be pretty explosive but to blast AJ out of there? I don't see it.

If Haye never went on a hiatus MAYBE. But back then to me he was still a flawed fighter who took more risks than he should have if he focused on fundamentals, defense, and being more economical with energy and movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                  If Hearn puts Joshua in with Haye or Fury before the end of the year I will be shocked! I think a couple of easy defences and then the mandatory is more likely. Do you really think they are going to talk about fight deals with American broadcasters, building the AJ brand then straight away put him in a fight with Fury or Haye which he will lose?????
                  Eddie Hearn is a fight promoter, through and through; he's not going to put Joshua in with Fury, but he's going to keep talking up the possibility to 1)goose up the casual audience and 2)double the potential payday for the fight come next summer.

Anthony Joshua is likely to have 1-2 voluntary fights, before fighting the Takam-Parker winner as his IBF mandatory (Eric Molina, Johann Duhaupas, and Lucas Browne are the likely near-term options, with the Pulev-Chisora winner as an option after their fight; if they're being sneaky about it, they just might try to sell a fight with a guy like Malik Scott as being meaningful too); all fights mentioned, sans maybe the Malik Scott fight(Wilder washing him in two rounds didn't help things), are bouts that I see Showtime being happy to air for Showtime International.

Beyond that, I see a summer 2017 fight against David Haye as the actual aim (Haye is a bigger star in the UK than Fury, Haye has serious issues when facing outright size, and Haye would make a more exciting fight).

Fury has the Klitschko rematch to deal with, and then he's staring down the Ustinov-Ortiz winner as his WBA mandatory challenger; rather than getting dicked on the split on his domestic super fight, I see Fury being happy to fight Deontay Wilder, from the Barclays Center in NYC, on SHOPPV (with Sky Sports bidding to air the fight on Box Office in the UK) to close out 2016.

Fury-Wilder winner opens the year with the WBA mandatory defense, before setting the stage for the stage for a summer blockbuster against Anthony Joshua (If Wilder wins, you have US vs UK for the unified/undisputed heavyweight championship of the world; with both guys being charismatic, big punching, TV friendly personas [Wilder having a bit more edge with his], I see MGM Resorts shelling out a massive site fee to stage the fight, with SHOPPV and Sky Box Office both carrying the fight. If Fury wins, you stage the biggest fight in British history at the 80k-seat Wembley Stadium on Sky Box Office, with international attention for this British fight going through the roof).

Comment

Why on earth is everyone only talking of Fury, counting out Wladimir beating him in the rematch?

He was the champion for years and there's every reason to suggest he'll redeem himself.

Then you'll have people saying he's ducking the winner of the match unless he jumps into a contract with an experienced Wlad, rematch included.

Comment

Working...
                    X