Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua - clear PED usage, but . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    You know your career is on the right path in boxing when this forum starts to attack you. He can take testing and pass it and for some he will still be accused of being on something

This is how I know the majority of this board knows nothing about lifting weights/nutrition.

ANTHONY JOSHUA vs. HRVOJE KISICEK - weigh-in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyZz3ZJDBwc

ANTHONY JOSHUA vs. DORIAN DARCH - weigh-in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CIyoiAQ2LU

Please, tell me how it's physically possible for a human male to go from 229 pounds to 241.5 pounds in 2.5 months without it being mostly fat mass when said person has been actively lifting/exercising and is not prone to receive newbie gains?
    Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 04-09-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

You know your career is on the right path in boxing when this forum starts to attack you. He can take testing and pass it and for some he will still be accused of being on something
      Yeah it's laughable really, like everyone is on drugs lol. You cannot even tell who is on drugs or not anyways these days. Anyone using the way the body looks as evidence of drug use is just reaching, you can have the most horrible looking body and be on drugs. Just because you are well built doesn't mean you are on drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Steroids are good for this sport.

Seriously. How many times have you watched a boring ass fight snd thought to yourself, I wish someone would give these scrubs some steroids so they would try and hurt each other?

PEDs are rampant in all sports, accept it and move on.
        Absolutely.

Which is why I think they should be openly discussed and acknowledged.

The fans aren't going to walk away from the sport because of that.

Comment

Some of y'all need to stop accusing anyone with a great physique to be on roids. We all have different genetic makeups and Joshua has always had a chiseled physique.

I guess you're also 100% sure that Wlad and Haye are also on roids?

Comment

Kinda makes you think what kinda people are behind the keyboards...How athletically challenged are this lot?

He looks like a guy who worked hard enough to win a gold medal and now be HW champ....Anybody seriously just go watch the crazy training the big oaf does.

Comment

Seeing as how I've stated multiple times in this thread it was not an attempt to attack him and I do look forward to his career.

It was using him as an example to discuss whether or not the sport should be open about what fighters are doing year round.

I'm not going to care and I can't see others especially if every one is aware and has the same opportunity to use PEDs.

Comment

All the HW's have taken PEDs in the past... Especially those in the 80's and 90's. It's part of the culture. Honestly, I really don't care. Just give us good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  Kinda makes you think what kinda people are behind the keyboards...How athletically challenged are this lot?

He looks like a guy who worked hard enough to win a gold medal and now be HW champ....Anybody seriously just go watch the crazy training the big oaf does.
                  The person who started this thread is some one who has a degree in nutrition and exercise science.

Some one who also was very involved with sports and weight lifting.

Some one who also has studied the history of weight-lifting and body building.

Please dude I urge you to talk with people that educated in these fields.

It's okay if these guys do PEDs. The transparency is what I'm looking for with the sport it self.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    All the HW's have taken PEDs in the past... Especially those in the 80's and 90's. It's part of the culture. Honestly, I really don't care. Just give us good fights.
                    Exactly my point.

But, for some reason people in 2016 still have these delusions that these guys are doing nothing more than Wheaties and vitamins.

Comment

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
                      The person who started this thread is some one who has a degree in nutrition and exercise science.

Some one who also was very involved with sports and weight lifting.

Some one who also has studied the history of weight-lifting and body building.

Please dude I urge you to talk with people that educated in these fields.

It's okay if these guys do PEDs. The transparency is what I'm looking for with the sport it self.
                      These guys believe gaining 12.5 pounds of muscle mass in 2.5 months for a non-newbie lifter is possible

A lot of professional athletes cycle. As I have said before, T&F is one of the dirtiest sports around where athletes get busted years down the line, or never at all. Just look at those women's world records by the Russian/Chinese women. Dirtiest records ever. Same thing holds true for probably many of the men's world records (cough, El Guerrouj).

In a sport where people are getting physically hurt and suffering long term damage, you guys think cycling isn't as rampant?

Wladimir Klitschko definitely cycles, as well, IMO. He's not the only one. Obviously JMM, Pacquiao, and I believe Floyd have done it, too.
                      Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 04-09-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X