Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: If My Son Returns - No Big Middleweights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    People around here act like they forgotten, but Snr said the exact same thing he keeps saying about GGG when people started pressuring Floyd to fight Canelo. Snr said the exact same words, "Floyd aint gotta fight no giant, but if he would, he'd whoop that boy's ass anyway. But he aint fighting no damn giant".

Almost word for word. Then people starting calling Floyd a duck and clamoring for the fight to happen. Floyd took the fight eventually and the rest is all history.

Perhaps Floyd Snr is the true marketing genius in the family, lol.
    It is kinda funny how often Floyd Sr. unwittingly swerves into the truth. Hmmmmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      What could it have been ?

Give us the names.

* waits quietly to ridicule you when you mention Margarito *
      Casamayor, Kostya Tzyu, Margarito, Paul Williams, Prime Pac, Prime Cotto, Winky Wright. That's the makings of a top 10 atg, instead he settled for cherry picking once he got to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
        Casamayor

Nah, I hope the other guys you mentioned are better than Casa.....

Prime Pac, Prime Cotto

Prime Pac either ducked Mayweather, or he ducked the random blood tests..... you decide which.

Either way, it's hard to blame Mayweather when Pac killed a super-fight by refusing to undertake random blood tests, especially with all of the other rubbish that Arum pulled with the media.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

And Prime Cotto ducked Mayweather TWICE, once at 140 when Arum admitted that Cotto wasn't ready, and once at 147.....

You are reaching baaadly by mentioning two guys who Mayweather tried to fight, and then beat handily. I hope this gets better.....

Margarito, Paul Williams.

GTFOH with cheato LMAO

Cheato lost to Williams, and Williams got out-boxed by Carlos fkn Quintana.

You are reaching baaadly

Kostya Tzyu

Kostya Tszyu was the 140 champ when Mayweather moved up. In 2005 he fought Gatti and Tszyu fought Hatton..... Mayweather fought Hatton a couple of years later. It was more about timing.

Winky Wright.

Maybe, but weak effort..... and you had to name a guy from the division above, who nobody else would fight either.

Give it a rest dude, you are pushing **** uphill with a pointed stick.

Comment

Well first of all he's not going to return. I truly believe he is done with the sport. It's great to be able to retire on your own terms with your health intact. Just like Kobe is doing.

But even so, it's only the idiotic casual fanboys who want to see Floyd take on middle weights. It's not realistic, and it will never happen. Sorry casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
            Well first of all he's not going to return. I truly believe he is done with the sport. It's great to be able to retire on your own terms with your health intact. Just like Kobe is doing.

But even so, it's only the idiotic casual fanboys who want to see Floyd take on middle weights. It's not realistic, and it will never happen. Sorry casuals.
            Nobody knows if he will return. It might not be realistic for floyd to fight middleweights buts that's only because he doesn't like to be disadvantaged, and take risjks if he can help it and the zero means too much.

But if he wants credit its his best option. Sure he will get credit for Garcia, brook, khan etc. But if he wants credit alongside his idols Duran, rjj, srr, and PAC (6 division titilists) he needs to climb one more hurdle
            Last edited by hugh grant; 04-07-2016, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
              I know about weight cutting, I compete in K1 myself.

There was a post the other day about GGG's weight 30 days out for his upcoming fight. He was just 4lbs over the middleweight limit. It's very unusual these days to be so close to your fighting weight that far out from a fight. Most fighters are cutting huge amounts of weight, especially in the last 24 hours before the weigh-in. Take his opponent Wade, who for the same weigh-in was 15.6lbs over the 160lbs limit.

My point still stands, if you're 164lbs 30 days before a fight, you're a small middleweight and would have no problem competing at 154lbs.
              While I see what your trying to say I still disagree. The wt pre fight is only for wt class limit. If they changed the rules to fight night wts ggg and plenty of other fighters would have to compete at a different wt class. As a fighter you know the difference between getting hit by a dude at your wt class vs getting hit by someone 10 or 20lbs heavier.

Comment

Nah, I hope the other guys you mentioned are better than Casa.....

Prime Pac either ducked Mayweather, or he ducked the random blood tests..... you decide which.

Either way, it's hard to blame Mayweather when Pac killed a super-fight by refusing to undertake random blood tests, especially with all of the other rubbish that Arum pulled with the media.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

And Prime Cotto ducked Mayweather TWICE, once at 140 when Arum admitted that Cotto wasn't ready, and once at 147.....

You are reaching baaadly by mentioning two guys who Mayweather tried to fight, and then beat handily. I hope this gets better.....

GTFOH with cheato LMAO

Cheato lost to Williams, and Williams got out-boxed by Carlos fkn Quintana.

You are reaching baaadly

Kostya Tszyu was the 140 champ when Mayweather moved up. In 2005 he fought Gatti and Tszyu fought Hatton..... Mayweather fought Hatton a couple of years later. It was more about timing.

Maybe, but weak effort..... and you had to name a guy from the division above, who nobody else would fight either.

Give it a rest dude, you are pushing **** uphill with a pointed stick.
                As usual excellent post and historically accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                  GGG isn't that much bigger than Floyd, especially if he went down to 154 to fight him. People make too big of a deal of their weight differences. People pretending that 13 pounds would be some huge advantage for Golovkin lmao. That's the average weight of an overweight cat, and think of how easy those felines are to pick up. Now imagine that weight spreading out all across the body.

Also, saying your son would whoop him makes people question why you're suggesting not even fighting him in the first place.
                  Dude by this post I can tell that you have never fought at all to post this sheer craziness. Wt classes are in place for a reason. And wt matters to ggg too. He is using wt to duck Ward. And he is refusing to fight Ward over 3-4lbs. So what does that tell you?

Comment

That is rubbish, don't know why you said that because 8 years prior Pac was fighting at 130.

Does the rest of your post contain similar bull**** ?

BTW, Mayweather signed to fight Pac in Dec 2009, why didn't Pac sign ?

Isn't it funny how we see the same thing differently ? LMAO
                    Because these dudes make up history as they go slong to bolster their B.S. the truth is irrelevant to them. They swear floyd ran from pac when arum created the "floyd is afraid of pac" crap to capitalize off pacs popularity by staging an unprecedented amount of in house fights. But roach revealed the truth when he said 2009 floyd would have beat pac. His own trainer knew floyd would have beat pac.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
                      its cause........

wait for it......

YDKSAB

You post nonsensical crap then tell me I don't know about boxing? Dude you are funny and not in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                      X