Charles Martin deserves respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Credit for waiting in the UK.

No credit for fighting AJ who is a prospect.

Martin barely won the title. In reality he is only a contender.
    Do you rate Martin higher than a gold medal prospect? I joke about Martin being the GOAT but in my opinion he's a prospect too. We really don't know how good he is or if he's any good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Credit for waiting in the UK.

No credit for fighting AJ who is a prospect.

Martin barely won the title. In reality he is only a contender.
      so is every one who holds a trinket when their is a lineal or unified champion.

Comment

Respect? for cashing out ?

It's a clever move by his team, wilder's team like martin's know he's a big KO waiting to happen, hence why haymon desperately tried ducking sasha and fighting martin, when that didnt work, he tried to get martin to fight sasha

Martin will have his retirement money and joshua will take the belt, I will only give him respect if he get's off the canvas and show's the heart that Whyte showed.

Doubt it though. He'll musta a lil effort in the first round or two and once he get's hit flush, that will be it.
        Hope im wrong and it's a barnburner, can't see it though unfortunately. When they are collecting check's they never put up too much of an effort.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          He's made a few good albums as the front man for Coldplay
          that would be chris martin

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            How this fact is lost on some people is beyond me. This is one of the biggest, most obvious money grabs in recent history and yet people are giving Martin props for 'courage' etc
            Martin should be praised for fighting AJ for his first defense of his title. We've seen many a lesser fighter win a title and then 'milk' it for years against soft opposition. Charles Martin is taking a huge risk and going all in for this fight and maybe this gamble will pay off big for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Martin should be praised for fighting AJ for his first defense of his title. We've seen many a lesser fighter win a title and then 'milk' it for years against soft opposition. Charles Martin is taking a huge risk and going all in for this fight and maybe this gamble will pay off big for him.
              Just because other fighters do worse, it doesn't mean we should start praising fighters for doing what they suppouse to do.

The main reason Martin is fighting AJ is money. Sure the Brit is a good, hyped prospect but also one of the biggest paydays in HW division, and this why Martin chose him, not glory or whatever. If he was fighting, let's say, Parker, then I would give Martin props for 'courage'.

Not really hating on Charles, I just think people should calm down with their ohs and ahs.

Comment

you know what charles martin deserves big respect for this fight and money just comes as part of the territory

just watch if AJ was to win,
                you watch eddie hearn milk it and make him fight all those bums that the IBF puts up as mandatories exactly like how kell brook has been doing since he won the IBF title...

say what you want about martin but hes going all out and deserves respect...

on the flip side of that if and when martin knocks out AJ,
                i wonder how keen other heavyweights will be to fight him lol

Comment

nothing happened in the glazkov fight before his knee shattered so put it this way if charles martin before the glazkov fight was fighting a guy like breazale would he even be even money? maybe? at best? what about a guy like duhapaus or spilzka? even money at best? now how much would he make for those fights? 100k? 200k? he's fighting for the money lebowski!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    so is every one who holds a trinket when their is a lineal or unified champion.
                    yeah I know and I have never stated otherwise, although context is important.

For example, in my eyes, with recent wins, Kov is superior to Stev, even though the latter is lineal champ. Or going farther back, Briggs was never truly the man, as any sane individual would put Lennox or Holy before him.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      Do you rate Martin higher than a gold medal prospect? I joke about Martin being the GOAT but in my opinion he's a prospect too. We really don't know how good he is or if he's any good at all.
                      I reckon Martin is a challenger.

If AJ wins, he steps above the prospect rank.

Comment

Working...
                      X