No announcement yet.

Loeffler says "no Brook, but Gilberto and Degale possible if they win"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loeffler says "no Brook, but Gilberto and Degale possible if they win"

We then switched to the topic of Gennady Golovkin. One of the most avoided fighters in the sport would love to setup a fight with Canelo Alvarez in September, but many people do nothing think the fight will happen this year. I asked Tom if no Canelo fight when will we see GGG back in the ring and who would be his opponent? Loeffler said that determining when Golovkin will comeback will all depend on how he comes out of this fight. Regarding an opponent, Tom said:

“Billy Joe Saunders has said he’s willing to fight Gennady, so that would be the 1st choice if the Canelo fight doesn’t happen. We’re going to pursue everything to make the Canelo fight happen to get the WBC title and then, once that situation is solved, go after Saunders to see if there is a way to make that fight happen. Gilberto Ramirez, if he beats Abraham, Bob has said he would fight Gennady, so that would be a great matchup. Danny Jacobs has a nice win over Quillin so that would be a great matchup. I think there are so good options out there for Gennady, but obviously Canelo is the #1 option.”

I asked him about the rumors of fighting Kell Brook. Loeffler said, “Eddie contacted me about that fight and clearly Kell is a great fighter. We have a lot of respect for him. If there is a way to figure out the weight difference, then I think that’s would be something to look at, but there haven’t been any serious discussions about a Kell Brook fight. I could see a James DeGale fight being done easier than a Kell Brook fight, but you never know, I wouldn’t rule any of those out. The bottom line is whoever, is willing to get in the ring with Gennady, they become the #1 choice because that becomes the most realistic fight.

According to Espinoza, The Degale-Medina and Jack-Bute winners are contracted to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      According to Espinoza, The Degale-Medina and Jack-Bute winners are contracted to fight each other.
      Jack getting past Bute is no given, and any Degale Bute rematch is way too soon

Comment

GGG won't fight Ward at 168 because he wants to clean out 160 first.
        He'll fight Froch at 168 only because he brings a lot of money.
        Lara wants to fight GGG at 160, but that can't happen because Lara is with Haymon and Showtime.
        DeGale brings little money, is with Haymon, Showtime and at 168.

I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          Lara wants to fight GGG at 160, but that can't happen because Lara is with Haymon and Showtime.

I'm confused.
          Don't be confused. Canelo/Wbc is priority #1. He's not signing any contracts a year in advance with anyone till that gets resolved, much less injury prone 10lb bigger B sider who wants 50/50.

Froch is no longer a factor. He chose to retire when Ggg tried to make the fight. Degale would be a nice fight if Canelo vacates,right? HBO likes him much better than Lara, would have much better odds, and wouldn't be coming in to lay down

Comment

I'm confused.
            Do you believe that Lara is a harder fight than DeGale?

Comment

I'm confused.
              Because you're thick as ****.

Comment

I like those choices but lets hope canelo grows a pair and fights GGG in september at the actual 160 limit that's a fight that needs to happen for the good of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Jack getting past Bute is no given, and any Degale Bute rematch is way too soon

That's just what Espinoza said.

Comment

DeGale or Ramirez versus Golovkin at 168 would be great fights, but right now they are unbelievable. I hope they do happen in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                    X