Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Arturo Gatti competed against today's top JWW/WW fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a prime Arturo Gatti competed against today's top JWW/WW fighters?

How well do you think Arturo Gatti would have competed against today's jr welterweight/welterweight fighters.

I'm talking about guys like...

- Terrence Crawford
    - Adrien Broner
    - Ruslan Provodnikov
    - Lucas Matthysse
    - Keith Thurman
    - Shawn Porter
    - Amir Khan
    - Tim Bradley
    - Danny Garcia

I think Porter and Thurman beats him only cause of their speed. Everyone else gets their ass kicked.

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
    How well do you think Arturo Gatti would have competed against today's jr welterweight/welterweight fighters.

- Terrence Crawford
    - Adrien Broner
    - Ruslan Provodnikov
    - Lucas Matthysse
    - Keith Thurman
    - Shawn Porter
    - Amir Khan
    - Tim Bradley
    - Danny Garcia

I think Porter and Thurman beats him only cause of their speed. Everyone else gets their ass kicked.
    He'd get beat by all of them....he'd have his best shot vs provo...gatti didn't beat any really good fighters past 130....a shot leija....Friday night fights level ward, dorin was small AF....he gets stopped by most of them

Comment

Yup and he would of beat the majority of them believe it or not.

Comment

I legitimately believe Provodnikov, Garcia, or Porter put him in the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post

- Terrence Crawford
          - Adrien Broner
          - Ruslan Provodnikov
          - Lucas Matthysse
          - Keith Thurman
          - Shawn Porter
          - Amir Khan
          - Tim Bradley
          - Danny Garcia

Gatti beats Broner and possibly Provodnikov; he gets done in by everyone else (Khan gets by, largely on the assumption that he can use his athleticism to stay out of kill range for long enough for a busy jab to close up Gatti's eyes)

Comment

People proving they don't watch fights... Gatti was faster and slicker than Crawford..Think Lundy puts a glove on Gatti? People only know Gatti from the Ward and Mayweather fights. The guy was fast, had power, a great chin and threw some of the best combinations you will ever see. TC and his Gamboa midget problems gets fu(king sparked... Only person who beats him on that list is Bradley and that's if he stays out of a war...Next all these guys will be beating Mosley and De La Hoya SMH

Comment

Damn...Gatti was #1 ranked at JWW before getting beat by Mayweather. He was #3 JWW from 2002-2003, #1 from 2004-2005, then dropped to #7, then moved up to 147 and became #8 ranked WW up there in 2006 before finally dropping off entirely by losing to Baldomir and Gomez back to back and retiring.

Stylistically many of those guys are all wrong for him. But he was not a push over. He was taking 0's left and right before his fall. It made people believe he could take Mayweather's 0.

Comment

I loved Gatti but let's ge real... He wasn't that good. He doesn't beat any of those guys.

His best chance against any would be landing a big shot vs Khan but Gatti will get overwhelmed by his speed...

Be honest..some of the best combinations ever seen? Against who? Not Oscar...Not Floyd...Dude got beat down by Baldomir...stopped by Angel Manfredy. Gatti was just a fun fighter to watch with a lion's heart but he was honestly not that good in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Damn...Gatti was #1 ranked at JWW before getting beat by Mayweather. He was #3 JWW from 2002-2003, #1 from 2004-2005, then dropped to #7, then moved up to 147 and became #8 ranked WW up there in 2006 before finally dropping off entirely by losing to Baldomir and Gomez back to back and retiring.

Stylistically many of those guys are all wrong for him. But he was not a push over. He was taking 0's left and right before his fall. It made people believe he could take Mayweather's 0.

Thanks for the laugh this morning....

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                    Gatti was faster and slicker than Crawford

Comment

Working...
                    X