Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Arturo Gatti competed against today's top JWW/WW fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    Now Gamboa beats Gatti....You guys are a joke... I'm actually embarrassed you are a fellow Cotto fan.
    Gamboa would beat him though. Im talking about 130 Gatti against 130 Gamboa. Gamboa is a midget, but he's the most skilled midget of this era. He would hurt Gatti repeatedly. Remember Gatti lost at 130 3 times.

Crawford was a huge Lightweight like Gatti. Only difference is Gatti and Crawford are world's apart skill wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      [/B]

Thanks for the laugh this morning....
      I bet you were not even around at the time

Gatti was seen as a threat to Mayweather believe or not. Mayweather was favored, but it was seen as a good fight. Gatti's "size" was seen as a big deal for Mayweather.

Comment

Gatti VS Broner would be a hell of a fight.

Comment

Guys like Thurman, Crawford, Bradley, Garcia, Brook, Sammy Vasquez and Jesse Vargas would beat him convincingly.

Comment

I love Gatti, but

- Terrence Crawford- Beats the hell out of Gatti. Like Floyd did. TKO.
            - Adrien Broner- Broner sits in one spot and picks Gatti off on the way in. Late KO or UD Broner.
            - Ruslan Provodnikov- Pick em fight.
            - Lucas Matthysse- If Lucas goes deep with Gatti its a fight. I question if Lucas heart would hold up if he didnt get Gatti out of there early. Pick em.
            - Keith Thurman- Keith beats Gatti up.
            - Shawn Porter- Porter beats Gatti up.
            - Amir Khan- One sided unless Gatti clips him.
            - Tim Bradley- Beats Gatti up.
            - Danny Garcia- Knocks Gatti out.

Comment

No,, all those guys are much better than gatti...

GattI was never really able to beat true world class caliber fighters..

Comment

Gatti was a fun fighter to watch but I would favour all those fighters to beat him and most of them would destroy him.

I was a big fan of Arturo's but I have to be real. Gatti might have a puncher's chance but it's likely he get's outboxed and steamrolled by most of these guys...or all of these guys.
                Last edited by Damn Wicked; 04-04-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I loved watching Gatti. Exciting fights, big heart. I never really rated him that much though being truthful.
                  Most, if not all of those guys beat him i'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                    Gatti was a fun fighter to watch but I would favour all those fighters to beat him and most of them would destroy him.

I was a big fan of Arturo's but I have to be real. Gatti might have a puncher's chance but it's likely he get's outboxed and steamrolled by most of these guys...or all of these guys.
                    Wow I so honestly disagree.. Who have these guys beaten that you think is as good as Gatti... You don't think these guys buckle when Gatti lands a three piece? Do you think any of these guys do better against a prime Oscar? I'd expect him to do that to all the guys mentioned...

Not a Gatti fan at all really but find this strange... How do you guys think a prime Corley matches up? just out of interest

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      Gamboa would beat him though. Im talking about 130 Gatti against 130 Gamboa. Gamboa is a midget, but he's the most skilled midget of this era. He would hurt Gatti repeatedly. Remember Gatti lost at 130 3 times.

Crawford was a huge Lightweight like Gatti. Only difference is Gatti and Crawford are world's apart skill wise.
                      Are they? You've deduced that by watching Gatti vs Floyd/Oscar and Crawford vs Dulorme/Beltran ...

There was a young up coming fighter named Zab Judah who everyone thought was the next big thing... He went 12 with Mickey Ward... Judah's Power>Crawford's Power

Comment

Working...
                      X