Clear All

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    List has been updated

10. Finito Lopez
    9. JMM
    8. Whitaker
    7. Holyfield
    6. De La Hoya
    How in the hell is Oscar DLH over those guys and he lost almost all his big fights....man these lists, accolades and awards are literally popularity contests.

Whitaker did lose a legit fight til past prime

Hoyfield is the only fighter to be the man at cruiser and heavy and beat some great fighters

this is a horrible list

Comment

• here is who dan personally voted for

6-Finito,7-JCC,8-Marquez,9-DLH,10-Winky 11-Mosley,12-Tito,13-Barrera,14-Toney,15-Ward,16-Too Sharp,17 lennox 18-Holyfield, 19-Cotto, 20-Naz, 21-Chocalatito, 22-Sergio Martinez, 23-Norris, 24-Calzaghe, 25-GGG

i guess chaves sr is in the top 5 not tyson

Comment

• Here is Dan's ranking

Comment

• Marquez above Morales and Lewis...when you have Baby Diaz as one of your best wins, you know that is a resume lacking depth.

This list went from bad to worst!

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
            Here is Dan's ranking

That is just as bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              How in the hell is Oscar DLH over those guys and he lost almost all his big fights....man these lists, accolades and awards are literally popularity contests.

Whitaker did lose a legit fight til past prime

Hoyfield is the only fighter to be the man at cruiser and heavy and beat some great fighters

this is a horrible list
              Oscar beat Whitaker, Chavez TWICE, Camacho, Gatti (All HOFers)
              and Genaro Hernandez, Quartey (Undefeated world champs who were on many P4P lists when Oscar fought them)
              and a steroided up Vargas. Everyone of these were big fights almost all PPVs. The problem is Oscar fought 3-4X the amount of big and tough fights of guys in his era so idiots try and cherry pick which fight AFTER the fact was a big fight to try to discredit Oscar. You can't tell me that the first Mosley fight was a big fight but it did basically the same amount of PPV buys as Oscar's fight with Quartey and way less then his fight with Whitaker did. And way less then his fight with Vargas did. When Oscar won no that wasn't a big fight but if he lost you see he didn't win big fights. Most fighters on the top 25 had about 3 big fights Oscar had literally like 12 big fights. He won some lost some but even if you give him credit for 6 big wins that's more then double of most of the guys of his era. Dude fought Chavez, Mayweather, Camacho, Pacquaio, Whitaker, Hopkins, Mosley, ect the list is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                regardless they cant take his accomplishment away....just shows you how little ESPN employees know about boxing and how much research they do on topics...very little
                True...i can't hate too hard on the not knowing, but the lack of research is inexcusable.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Oscar beat Whitaker, Chavez TWICE, Camacho, Gatti (All HOFers)
                  and Genaro Hernandez, Quartey (Undefeated world champs who were on many P4P lists when Oscar fought them)
                  and a steroided up Vargas. Everyone of these were big fights almost all PPVs. The problem is Oscar fought 3-4X the amount of big and tough fights of guys in his era so idiots try and cherry pick which fight AFTER the fact was a big fight to try to discredit Oscar. You can't tell me that the first Mosley fight was a big fight but it did basically the same amount of PPV buys as Oscar's fight with Quartey and way less then his fight with Whitaker did. And way less then his fight with Vargas did. When Oscar won no that wasn't a big fight but if he lost you see he didn't win big fights. Most fighters on the top 25 had about 3 big fights Oscar had literally like 12 big fights. He won some lost some but even if you give him credit for 6 big wins that's more then double of most of the guys of his era. Dude fought Chavez, Mayweather, Camacho, Pacquaio, Whitaker, Hopkins, Mosley, ect the list is crazy.
                  bob arum promoted oscar the same way he is doing with canelo

I followed Oscar's entire career. I became a hard core fan at the end of JCC and whitaker's era and the beginning of oscar n jones' era.

when Oscar was on the way up in the 90s he fought a lot of guys he had a huge size advantage on

when he got to 147 he was actually fighting people his size....a fighter his size under 140 is insane size

I respect him a lot...he never shied away from fighting the best but early on, he fought a lot of name fighters who were past prime or undersized

When he Whitaker and after he was fighting guys more his size and he wasnt dominating as much

also a lot of the guys ranked behind him actually won their biggest fights....Oscar is great great fighter man...but he isnt over Finito and Holyfield

do you see anyone winning the legit cruiser and heavy title anytime soon....im just saying

Comment

• Roy
                    Hopkins
                    Floyd
                    Manny
                    Chavez Sr

Will be in the top 5

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                      here is who dan personally voted for

6-Finito,7-JCC,8-Marquez,9-DLH,10-Winky 11-Mosley,12-Tito,13-Barrera,14-Toney,15-Ward,16-Too Sharp,17 lennox 18-Holyfield, 19-Cotto, 20-Naz, 21-Chocalatito, 22-Sergio Martinez, 23-Norris, 24-Calzaghe, 25-GGG

i guess chaves sr is in the top 5 not tyson

Lol I told you yesterday tyson probably wasnt going to make it.

Comment

Working...
                      X