Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO ??? came closest to beating FLOYD???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    so, the poll/result is "misleading"?

"beating" an opponent is really a world & $$$ away from "coming close to beat"...

in a numbers game.... a guy's combination bet of 5-31 against the winning combo of 6-31 is a world and $$$$ away, ha ha ha...
    Boxing record: 49 - 0 Floyd undefeated. So a logical and honest question is who came closest?? Accurate poll: very!

I can point out lots of decisions I don't agree with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Boxing record: 49 - 0 Floyd undefeated. So a logical and honest question is who came closest?? Accurate poll: very!

I can point out lots of decisions I don't agree with.
      you may have a point there....but then, that makes the thread so subjective....

previously, i stated that the judges giving floyd the win is immaterial.....the main reason being to make the thread's value at an optimum.....fans opinions based...like you saying castillo beat floyd....that is, the premium is in what the fans say or voted....

so if castillo beat floyd as per the fans, then we must leave that as that is....

going back to the judges scorecards and 49-0 does not hold water as the poll results show....

to keep pointing to floyd's undefeated streak is to put a cap on what actually transpired in the ring...what the fans saw and that these were the basis of fans comments/votes on this thread...not the judges scores....

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
        you may have a point there....but then, that makes the thread so subjective....

previously, i stated that the judges giving floyd the win is immaterial.....the main reason being to make the thread's value at an optimum.....fans opinions based...like you saying castillo beat floyd....that is, the premium is in what the fans say or voted....

so if castillo beat floyd as per the fans, then we must leave that as that is....

going back to the judges scorecards and 49-0 does not hold water as the poll results show....

to keep pointing to floyd's undefeated streak is to put a cap on what actually transpired in the ring...what the fans saw and that these were the basis of fans comments/votes on this thread...not the judges scores....

You also make a good point. But many of the guys who voted indicated that they love Floyd and only Castillo came close. They don't believe Castillo beat Floyd.

They are comparing boxers relative to each other against Floyd.

The 49 wins is Floyd's thing. If I start doubting all decisions then what is the point of keeping track of these things. Bad calls happen. PAC vs Bradley 1, criminal. There have been so many!
        Last edited by Zaroku; 05-15-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• ODLH has 1/10th the votes Castillo got! Very interesting!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              That pretty much covers it. Excellent!

Floyd couldn't hold this guy to a low thrown vs landed punch percentage!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                You also make a good point. But many of the guys who voted indicated that they love Floyd and only Castillo came close. They don't believe Castillo.

They are comparing boxers relative to each other against Floyd.

The 49 wins is Floyd's thing. If I start doubting all decisions then what is the point of keeping track of these things. Bad calls happen. PAC vs Bradley 1, criminal. There have been so many!
                you're getting better, buddy!...

but consider that we watch and score fights; as boxing fans do...

and you pointing out to pac tim 1 as "criminal" is evidence that judges scores do go haywire....

yes, we can not change the outcome....but we are free to discuss in this forum fights that catch out interest....be it something that goes against popular opinions...and/or judges scorecards...

this thread is a good one, and keep it that way....no cap please....let fans comment/vote and respect the same....keep off the judges.....and open your eyes...

Comment

now, this is very nice....

shows that even the fight media crew have castillo beating floyd....

Comment

Too bad boxing is judged on a per round basis.

Hater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
                      Too bad boxing is judged on a per round basis.

Hater.
                      exactly,

floyd's 157 punches landed were equally distributed on all 12 rounds

while castillo's 203 punches were in just one round and he never landed anything the rest of 11 rounds LOL

genius floyd fan and his logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X