Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO ??? came closest to beating FLOYD???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
    Yes, Castillo got robbed but thats the only one imo. He won the rest, some closer than others.
    I agree with that. But it was a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Not saying it was a robbery! It was one of his closer fights! But he remedied it in the rematch!
      wasnt referring to you

Comment

For sure Castillo is #1. I think De La Hoya is #2. I don't think that fight was as close as the scores were, but if Floyd had done a lil less or ODLH had done a lil more its easily possible Floyd coulda came up short on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
          wasnt referring to you
          Got it... Peace ..

Comment

But yea Maidana and Castillo had the closest fights easily

Comment

Castillo should of won, n Maidana 1 was a toss up, i would give it to Maidana for aggression

But Mayweather showed he was the superior boxer in the rematches, thats why he wanted rematches in those fights, so i have no beef

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Castillo was defending his title, that used to mean something. But it was a close fight!
                I've always thought the you gotta clearly beat the champ saying was bs. Boxing is scored round by round. Its not like the champ starts out with a point or two extra or gets a point or two extra added at the end if he needs them.

I suppose there is an argument that champions used to more often get the benefit of the doubt in close rounds so there was something to that saying. And I'd say that has shifted somewhat after decades to the money guy &/or champion gets the benefit of the doubt in close rounds thus negating Castillo's edge in this particular fight as while he was champion, Floyd was the money guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  For sure Castillo is #1. I think De La Hoya is #2. I don't think that fight was as close as the scores were, but if Floyd had done a lil less or ODLH had done a lil more its easily possible Floyd coulda came up short on the cards.
                  I was watching the De La Hoya fight at a sports bar on the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica! Pro De La Hoya crowd, even whe Oscar missed fine b1tches would scream out crazy crap! My buddy a pure casual asked me who I thought was winning, "Floyd is, Oscar's arm punch flurries are not doing enough. Too much ineffective aggression." The two Ho's we were working on, got mad, and left after they ordered more food and drinks.

Soon an older black man came to me and thanked me for what I said. I said something like, 'the better fighter should get credit!'

I heard The same crap we hear now, he runs, pot shots, etc. Castillo, Maidana, Cotto drew blood, applied hurt.

Those 3 didn't need slow motion biased videos to try to convince me of anything.

Comment

Clearly Castillo. I though Castillo won by about 2 points. He forced the fight and backed him up. He threw lots more punches and landed more as well.

Comment

Finally managed to watch the Castillo 1 fight all the way through about a month back and now I get the uproar about it. That was a terrible robbery.

Maidana 1 I found easy to score and just come up with a draw.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-27-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X