Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Drops, Dominates Sullivan Barrera in 175 Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like watching paint dry. Excellent paint though.

Comment

Good job by the son of the devil. Still think Kovalev beats him.

Comment

Andre ward is a beast

Comment

I saw some slippage in ward not sure if it's the long layoffs or age or the weight. Even ward admitted he wasnt at his best after the fight. But even at 80 or 90% he still can dominate many fighters like we saw tonight. But can he beat Kovalev if this is the level he stays at? Not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            It's like watching paint dry. Excellent paint though.
            Yes almost like watching a Runweather fight. Very boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Boring fight. Good win though. Nice KD in the 3rd. Hopefully the cut heals quick and we can see him fight a Shabranskyy in July before Kovalev in November.
              I enjoyed it. Good action to me. And who is this Shabranskyy fellow that no one seemed to ever mention until the Barerra fight was signed?

Comment

Ward still sharp as ****, he'll beat Kova

Comment

Ward looked good. Sullivan Barrera looked big and slow as predicted.

The thing about a Kovalev match is, Ward will have to fight perfect all night, whereas Kovalev will only need one perfect punch. Whats crazy is that I could easily see Ward fighting that perfectly. He's looking like a master boxer again.

Comment

He looked a little rusty and the rounds were all competitive, but overall a solid return given the inactivity and weight jump.

Barrera was alright, Kovalev is a different animal though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                      First off.im very surprised ward doeant get drug tested. I said it all along in the build up.

Now, barreras games plan ****** and he never imposed his size and will.

Ward looks to clinch too often and the game plan for kovalev is simple. Be first and throw straight punches. Throw to the chest area often . The goal has to be keep ward fighting for all 3 minutes. Take him out of his slow methodical pace
                      vada confirmed both fighters were in testing over a month. ward also has used vada in the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X