Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Drops, Dominates Sullivan Barrera in 175 Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boring fight. Good win though. Nice KD in the 3rd. Hopefully the cut heals quick and we can see him fight a Shabranskyy in July before Kovalev in November.

Comment

Ha! Pound 4 Pound baby!!! He beat the breaks off of Sullivan and can't wait for AW vs Kovalev

Comment

Ward is back

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Ward.....one of my favorite fighters but he seemed tired as in not sure how long he wants to keep fighting if you go by his facial expressions but that could be mostly getting back into things. But that right hand was missing and that is a concern. He did not use that hand 20% of what he normally does, if that. But I will pull for him against anyone, Kov included.
          Sullivan is a Southpaw so that would affect Ward's punch selection. The Left hook is usually a more effect weapon against them correct me if i'm wrong (I mean that seriously, not in a ****head way)

Comment

Kovalev is licking his chops

Comment

Class in Session

Andre Ward was too experienced and too talented for Barrera. He took Barrera to school and was just on a whole other level.

Andre Ward wasn't he at his best. Their was rust for sure and a little fatigue. Andre Ward should fight once more before Kovalev. But it's great to see him back.

Barrera wasn't ready yet for this stage. He still has promise but hopefully he will get back into contention soon. Personally I would like to see him vs Slava.

Comment

First off.im very surprised ward doeant get drug tested. I said it all along in the build up.

Now, barreras games plan ****** and he never imposed his size and will.

Ward looks to clinch too often and the game plan for kovalev is simple. Be first and throw straight punches. Throw to the chest area often . The goal has to be keep ward fighting for all 3 minutes. Take him out of his slow methodical pace

Comment

First off.im very surprised ward doeant get drug tested. I said it all along in the build up.

Now, barreras games plan ****** and he never imposed his size and will.

Ward looks to clinch too often and the game plan for kovalev is simple. Be first and throw straight punches. Throw to the chest area often . The goal has to be keep ward fighting for all 3 minutes. Take him out of his slow methodical pace

Comment

Nice performance by Ward. Barrera had never seen something like this before. Maybe he can learn from this and turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      Sullivan is a Southpaw so that would affect Ward's punch selection. The Left hook is usually a more effect weapon against them correct me if i'm wrong (I mean that seriously, not in a ****head way)
                      With southpaws, they usually say a southpaw is a sucker for a right hand. But clearly, this is not the Ward that we saw years ago as far as right hands. Not sure if he was reserving it so as not to do something that could harm his chances of a big fight. Perhaps he was holding back because he was winning and did not need to test it out yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X