Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just be happy both stepped up with no big drama. We'll have the #1 p4p after this fight.

Comment

• I can see him retiring on top after defeating kov.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        He hasn't been forced into this one, but otherwise he wouldn't have had the opportunity to make than $4.7 million out of three tune-ups (i.e. P. Smith, Barrera, Brand).... not to mention the purse he will get when fighting Kovalev... Not bad, not bad...
        ... and because I "counted" Ward's money and some sour posters here mention GGG: meanwhile, Golovkin made about $9 million in his last three fights.

Comment

• Win lose or draw I seriously doubt this will be his last fight unless he dies or gets a serious brain injury which is unlikely.

Comment

• “He’s dirty. He’s a grinder. He’s not going knock anyone out fast like one of the brawlers. Andre goes for points,” said Javier Gonzalez, 30-year-old Oakland stagehand who grew up 10 blocks from the arena. “He gets get you in the corner, and he’s gonna hug you; he’s gonna get some head butts in there.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...kovalev-boxing

I just hope there will be an honest referee who stops Ward from using illegal tactics like head butts, then it will be easy work for Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
              You love me and you know it. You show it by sending me Red as in Love xx
              Hahaha,our "E" beef draws attention.Hopefully our management see's this and gives us maximum "E" money.The fans surely can't get enough.I wanna thank Roc Nation and Jay Z for believing in me,2ndly,beyonce for having that nasty azz

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                “He’s dirty. He’s a grinder. He’s not going knock anyone out fast like one of the brawlers. Andre goes for points,” said Javier Gonzalez, 30-year-old Oakland stagehand who grew up 10 blocks from the arena. “He gets get you in the corner, and he’s gonna hug you; he’s gonna get some head butts in there.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...kovalev-boxing

I just hope there will be an honest referee who stops Ward from using illegal tactics like head butts, then it will be easy work for Kovalev.

that quote lol. Article made my laugh 'Ward is not known as a crowd pleaser' possibly biggest understatement ive ever heard, only time the crowd are pleased is when the fight is over and they can hit the nightclubs

Comment

• ... and just watched the video, for everyone who wonders why I say kessler fight is a no contest, suggest you watch that ^. Them elbows on bika are something else too, should be dq'd for that. People shrug it off but what he does is cheating, deducted points against Rodriguez too

Comment

• Nah, win or lose, he must still have some kinda minimum million dollar purse from roc nation pending....you think he's gonna let Rohan Murdock avoid that ass whipping? be it a goodbye fight or a first tune up before he faces another threat in 4 years, he will fight again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      When a spoiler loses badly, that's them done. People tune in to watch because they think they are the best fighter, not because they are entertained by them.
                      So when a fighter with a boring style like ward whos never been involved in an entertaining fight loses, no one is going to watch him.
                      Whereas if an entertaining, crowd pleasing fighter like kovalev lost, people would still tune in for his fights cause he provides good value for money.
                      Most commonly if someone loses they blame it on weight and try and reinvent themselves at a different weight, if ward goes up hes got usyk who he would have no chance against. He cant make 168 now either, so if he loses he has no options.
                      Ward doesn't seem to have a passion for the sport, and has been forced into this fight having been content to fight nobodies for the past 5 years. He has also relayed concerns about what boxing is doing to his health.
                      So with his lack of options, and having taken a hiding from kovalev, will we ever see ward in a ring after this fight?
                      My god...

/facepalm

Comment

Working...
                      X