Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slick Slayer View Post
    War krusherrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      The Battle for P4P Supremacy?

Andre "SOG" Ward
      (29-0-0) vs Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev (29-0-1)
      Light Heavyweight / 175 lbs / 12.5 Stone
      11.19.16 HBO

I have a close feel out type fight for one round, til Kovalev turns it up and walks Ward down and mauls him, beating him from pillar to post for several rounds til the 7th, where Kovalev knocks him down twice. Ward has a spirited 8th round which he wins but takes massive damage, and the towel is thrown from his corner in the 9th, Ward still on his feet but bleeding from cuts and ears.

What say you!?

That's optimistic for Ward followers.

How are his feather dusters going to stop Kovalev from beating him up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
        That's optimistic for Ward followers.

How are his feather dusters going to stop Kovalev from beating him up?
        Probably the same way he kept Froch at bay, excellent foot work and counter punching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I think he hash enough power to drop Kovalev, he dropped Barrera and Brand.

Lack of power won't be Ward's main problem imo, it'll be the stamina to keep moving while Kovalev is stalking.

If he doesn't keep moving he risks getting cracked with something big.
          If he drops Kovalev I will eat my boxing shorts. He 'dropped' Brand with an off balance feather duster.
          He's getting beaten up badly, IF he actually takes the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            Probably the same way he kept Froch at bay, excellent foot work and counter punching.
            But he didn't keep Froch at bay - Froch landed plenty, especially second half. Froch is a volume puncher / pressure fighter with better than average power at 168 (and he's a skinny 168).

Kovalev is a different kettle of fish I'm afraid.

Is a volume puncher / pressure fighter, is way bigger than Froch, hits way harder, and as much as I admire Froch's career, he did not possess the same boxing skills as Kovalev does, which are frankly very overlooked just because he is such a big hitter. People label him as a big hitter - rightly - but at the expense of overlooking his ring IQ and boxing ability.

Let's face it, Hopkins (even the old one) is not easy to hit, and certainly Chilemba is not. those were challenging but relevant 'tuneups' prior to fighting Ward. Ward has not done the same in his preparation for Kovalev. I will grant you that Barrera is a reasonable if diminished facsimile, but Ward could've taken someone like Umar Salamov who would better represent a hard hitting come forward fighter. Beterbiev is too much to expect and I don't blame Ward for that, AB may actually prove the best of the 4. We will see, lots at 175 to look forward to that's for sure.

Comment

• No other country in the world would root for the foreigner. America is sad

Comment

The problem for Ward is, he just can't keep Kovalev off of him. If he moves, Kovalev will cut him off and close the distance and mercilessly brutalize him into the corner. If he comes forward, Kovalev will counter him and drive him back into the ropes and hurt him. If he stands his ground and tries to catch and shoot and slip, he will land on Kovalev but won't be able to take the shots back for long, which will land. If he tries to stand his ground and trade blow for blow, he will get put down on the canvas several times.
                Yet krusher is the underdog lol

Comment

• Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                  Yet krusher is the underdog lol

Well, it makes sense that he is. Ward is arguably the better fighter on paper and was rated higher p4p when he was more active.

And that's fine. It's one thing to be the underdog at the bookies. It's another to actually know boxing, know what's up, and have that advantage. That's why I see success often on fight wagers. I've been in the game for many moons, when it comes to other sports, I rely on statistics, analyst predictions, and projections. When it comes to boxing, I rely on my knowledge of the sport and my experience.

Comment

Well, it makes sense that he is. Ward is arguably the better fighter on paper and was rated higher p4p when he was more active.

And that's fine. It's one thing to be the underdog at the bookies. It's another to actually know boxing, know what's up, and have that advantage. That's why I see success often on fight wagers. I've been in the game for many moons, when it comes to other sports, I rely on statistics, analyst predictions, and projections. When it comes to boxing, I rely on my knowledge of the sport and my experience.
                    Didnt you pick Postol over Crawford..

And Ward being the favorite is a big deal since hes moving up vs a champion after only 2 fights at 175. Throw in the line was even at first and NOW Ward is the favorite. Must have been something the bookies saw, or heavy money went on Ward

Comment

• On the back of kovalev's last fight...I'm thinking ward by decision. Hopefully it was just a bad performance...cuz I'm hoping for the type of fight where neither guy really takes control til later in the fight if at all. I love those high level fights where they trade rounds and either guy has trouble getting a foothold in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X